Sign in to follow this  
Duncan

Prince of Persia 3

Man, what's going on.

I had pretty much become completely apathetic towards Ubisoft's Prince of Persia until I read this. It's not so much the new warrior version of Farah which is bound to get a lot of people riled up. It's more this:

Her role is "quite significant" however. "She brought a lot of emotions and wit to POP Sands of Time," May explains. "Farah is going to help The Prince learn compassion... she's going to help him learn how to be a better person. She's also going to provide some of the classic back-and-forth fun fans remember from Sands of Time."

May reckons they shouldn't be for the way she's presented. She's "still a compassionate and caring individual" and "quick-witted and playful"

I DOUBT IT

This has to be one of the most ludicrously artificial "trilogies" ever. I love The Sands of Time but you can't get around the fact that it's clearly a stand-alone story. I feel like this writer guy is operating in some parallel universe in which Prince of Persia is this compelling epic tale which later this year will drawn to this grand, operatic conclusion.

I am willing to bet money that there will be no "quick wit" or "compassion" in whatever this new game is called. This guy Corey May (who also wrote Warrior Within) is just a terrible writer and he's not capable of writing anything beyond low-low-grade generic action schlock dialogue. I hate that people will apparently buy into this idea that this game will suddenly have all the wit and charm and energy of Sands of Time because Farah's back.

I don't know, maybe games aren't really at the point where you can tell whether the story's going to be any good just from who the writer is. Maybe most gamers don't care.

It sort of blows my mind how divorced the actual writing is from Corey May's spin on it. Like Kaileena from WW is apparently in this game his TRUE LOVE. In Warrior Within the Prince and Kaileena TRIED TO KILL EACH OTHER FOR SEVENTEEN HOURS BEFORE STOPPING FOR NO REASON AND FUCKING ON A BOAT. That is their relationship and apparently it's now some fairy-tale romance tragically cut short by Kaileena's noble sacrifice in this game for her one true love? I mean he obviously thinks he's a better writer than he is but he also seems to have no idea what he's doing.

The stuff about the "Old Man" in that Eurogamer article is hilarious to me. Do you know why he's called "Old Man"? Because he's about as much of a character as "Carpenter #6". This 'mentor' stuff is bullshit and he existed in ONE SCENE in WW solely for exposition purposes. But now he's a major player who may or may not have his own agenda or something.

This game is not going to work at all.

I would like to go back to being totally apathetic about all this.

In Warrior Within the Prince and Kaileena TRIED TO KILL EACH OTHER FOR SEVENTEEN HOURS BEFORE STOPPING FOR NO REASON AND FUCKING ON A BOAT.

I now must play this game. It's good, you say?

I got bored pretty quickly playing Warrior Within. I just decided to dl the cutscenes and watch them. Afterwards I wished so hard that I never would've watched them.

Especially *the real ending*. ;(

I got bored pretty quickly playing Warrior Within. I just decided to dl the cutscenes and watch them. Afterwards I wished so hard that I never would've watched them.

Especially *the real ending*. ;(

Kolzig, where I can watch this real ending???

I read that I needed to get all the health pickups and there is no way in hell I'm replaying that game

Also why did they put as the real ending that you kill Kaileena, if that is going to be a major plotline in the third one. Shouldn't they have put that as the hidden ending? It just seems to me they are making the story as they go, trying to kiss up to everybody, the sales department, marketting, the WW fans, the reviewers, the SOT fans, and what they got is a game with a very weird identity, that doesn't know if it wants to be Mature or Teen.

I share your doubts, but --- as long as the platforming is good and the levels as excellently designed!

Kolzig, where I can watch this real ending???

Try here, that looks like it might work.

As far as the hidden/real ending goes, the REAL ending is supposed to be the hidden one. I think that is somewhat retarded, but hey.

Wait... so is that woman in the end cutscene supposed to be the sands of time? The prince humps the sands of time? :eek: I'd hate to see their hardcore, badass sand children.

Wait... so is that woman in the end cutscene supposed to be the sands of time? The prince humps the sands of time? :eek: I'd hate to see their hardcore, badass sand children.

I can't download the movies cause each link redirects me to fileplanet... is that normal, doctor ?

You have to login to fileplanet or something like that in order to dl the files. :tmeh:

Try here, that looks like it might work.

As far as the hidden/real ending goes, the REAL ending is supposed to be the hidden one. I think that is somewhat retarded, but hey.

Thanks for the link, I downloaded it, and it was one of the worst endings I've ever seen. No wonder they have it super hidden.