Sign in to follow this  
Savage Cabbage

XBOX 360 price and bundle pack a go go

There is a cable for the wireless controller that plugs into the console and charges it when you don't have a need to be wireless. Good idea... but it costs fucking extra, like every damned thing.

The wireless adapter for the console is going to be $100 alone.

What a joke.

Yes, of course.

EDIT: Oops, didn't realize there were two pages. This was in response to the query as to whether standard composite AV cables would be included with the $400 one.

Yes, of course.

EDIT: Oops, didn't realize there were two pages. This was in response to the query as to whether standard composite AV cables would be included with the $400 one.

I still wouldn't put it past them to charge extra.

I know :frusty: That means your next Bioware game will not have save anywhere, because each save file in KOTOR was like 10 MBytes. More checkpoints in next gen.

To say nothing of TESIV: Oblivion? How the hell is -that- going to work?

Hmmm... My TV is odd I guess. It accepts the cables and runs just great with them, but does not actually support HDTV... Interesting... This requires further study, because odds are I may be confusing things a bit. I'm off to examine my TV!

Why couldn't X-Box 360 games still be able to save anywhere? The gamecube used memory cards and Eternal Darkness let you save anywhere (after you killed all the guys in the room)

Why couldn't X-Box 360 games still be able to save anywhere? The gamecube used memory cards and Eternal Darkness let you save anywhere (after you killed all the guys in the room)

Who has said it wouldn't?

Usually a save anywhere requires much more disk space. Not only do you have to capture the stats (like what's your health at, how much magic do you have, what items are in your inventory, what level are you in) but more information like where is your position in the game, which direction are you facing, how many enemies are on the screen at that snapshot of time, what is their direction, are there any bullets flying at you etc...

Just look at a KOTOR save file and it is something like 10 Megs, so if you have a 64 Meg memory card, that is 6 KOTOR files.

Some games give the illusion of saving anywhere but in reality they put you in the nearest checkpoint (example Psychonauts). I'm not sure how Eternal Darkness utilizes that. Is it like Psychonauts, or like KOTOR?