Sign in to follow this  
Knar

Tim Burton's corpse Bride

Woot woot! I got free passes to watch a screening of Tim Burton's Corpse Bride! If you are in the Los Angeles Area and contact me really quickly, I can give you the info on how to get the free passes.

The trailer looked awesome at Comicon. I can't wait!

Monday at 8pm in Sherman Oaks Galleria. I'm serious - I can still get people tickets in the Los Angeles Area for the screening.

You americans get all the breaks. What about us foreigners who need to wait a few months 'till it gets released in our less important country and would probably need to pay to see it?

No one cares.

Have fun seeing the movie, by the way. It looks great, and I really can't wait to see it.

Whoa nice. Have fun.

Hopefully it's less trite (and/or less "Burton Trite") than Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

One time I was asked to go to a pre-screening of The Ring but I said no. True story. :(

However, I did miss out on the Serenity screening (sometime in May) and the Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy screening.

The biggest obstacle to movie screenings in LA is traffic. A simple 10 mile drive can end up being 1 hr in heavy traffic. grrr.

I have yet to see the Douglas Adam's flick. :sad::hmph:

You'll live, I think. :( Sadly, you'll live.

by which I mean, it's an okay movie to miss, and that is sad

You'll live, I think. :( Sadly, you'll live.

by which I mean, it's an okay movie to miss, and that is sad

I'm so glad you made that end bit clear. For a few milisecs I was like 'what's he saying?'

I just came back from watching "Corpse Bride" and unfortunately, it was not up to par to past Tim Burton's films. Although technically fantastic, the plot was simple and the movie lacked the normal quirky dark Burton charm. I needed more psychological depth, insight or anything but instead got a superficial and warm film.

It's a good movie, but not a great one.

Hopefully tomorrow's trip to watch Willy Wonka will help me recapture my faith in Burton's works.

Hopefully tomorrow's trip to watch Willy Wonka will help me recapture my faith in Burton's works.
;( good luck with that.

That reminds me. On my survey, I wrote "You should make this movie more like Grim Fandango's vision of the underworld. "

Hmm, Grim Fandango: the Movie - that has a nice ring to it.