Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Awesome Ed Fries video interview

01b.jpg02b.jpg

Kikizo has a really good interview with Ed Fries that was shot in front of E3.

Why should you watch it? Because you love Ed Fries! Even if you've never heard of him, deep down you love him, cause he's the guy that gave Tim the deal to make Psychonauts. Also Ed Fries co-developed the Xbox and led the Microsoft Games division until about half a year ago, which is actually what they talk about instead of Psychonauts.

Since he no longer works at MS he was able to talk a little more openly, and the interviewers ask some great personal questions, so it's a pretty entertaining interview overall. See it.

(And as a funny bonus at the end, some insane lady with signs tries to hijack the shot.)

I don't like the XBOX. Can I hate Ed Fries?

EDIT: After I watched the interview, I eat my words. This guy is genuinely nice, and he really seems like he cares about us thumb fans. All my respect and appologies go to him.

To me that sounds utterly impossible. God that guy is NICE!

Too bad he's not in Xbox anymore. Had I known more about him

and the whole idea behind Xbox, maybe I would have bought one.

On the other hand buying a 360 to me is completely unthinkable.

Hopefully Fries remains involved in gaming, it sure seems like he is

REALLY enthousiastic about it.

Why are there all of a sudden so many excellent candidates for new Thumb smilies?!

oldtimey.gif

Ed Fries is totally a nice guy and a real straight talker. He's highly respected amongst developers, though he's also often criticised over some of the seemingly random project approvals / dev acquisitions that were made in the early days of Xbox. Still, it's too bad we'll never know how Psychonauts, Phantom Dust, Oddworld Stranger and a bunch of other projects had done if they'd been kept at MS.

P.S. Those smileys should totally be added.

fries.gif

(also in PNG format, but not all browsers take that kind of *advanced* transparancy right :shifty:)