Moosferatu

Cut Psychonauts stuff

I've almost finished listening to all of the voice files from Psychonauts (I've still got Boyd, Raz, Ford, Sasha, and Oleander to go), and I've noticed some stuff that didn't make the game, mostly from Milla's mind. There are files with her screaming about the orphanage burning, some weird ones where it sounds like she's (and assumably you as well) in a house, some where she talks about getting cameras on you (this, I believe), and even two that sound like she's dreaming of making out with Sasha. Also, there are some voice files from a character that wasn't even in the game. She appears to have had something to do with the cut camera thing. Did anyone here see the camera part before it was cut?

Interesting stuff, for sure! If you've made a note of the files you didn't hear used in the game, do feel encouraged to share. Whilst the prospect of listening to every single wav is enticing, it'd be nice to have a guide of which ones to look at.

Once we've got the model viewers working (which I'm told are being developed by Mojo enthusiast(s)), it'll be interesting to see if there's any unused models lying around in there. Hey, maybe even the cameras. :woohoo:

"I'm about to warn you, young cadet, you're about to step into a living nightmare."

That quote was said by Milla when apparently Raz was going to go inside Lilly's mind, who was having the dreams about Dr. Loboto. I guess things have changed a lot since then, but I wonder if that sound file is still floating around in the game.

orphanage: MINO036MI --> MINO054MI

Sasha make-out fantasy: MINO028MI --> MINO030MI

camera: MITU043MI --> MITU051MI

not sure: MITU099MI --> MITU118MI

cut character: MICK001CB --> MICK047CB and MICK001CL --> MICK0047CL (same lines different voices)

Also, I'm not sure who SNHT030 is.

The intro sound files don't appear to be in any of the files. Does anyone know if there is a way to access them? I'm just about to check the cds. [edit]No luck.

They used the 'you're about to step into a living nightmare' line for a trailer didn't they? I'm sure I've heard it before, but now that you mention it, not in the game. Sadly I have not the PC version so I can't dig around in this stuff. Sounds cool though.

Well this my be kinda different since it probably doesn't exist in one of the game's files. Some of you may already know this, but I'll post this anyway.

A few months ago, still in the Psychonauts advent, I saved every piece of artwork that I could find while my eyes were close to avoid any possible spoilers. I finished the game last week, and I looked the concept art (this time eyes galore), I noticed a character named Dart or D'Artagant that seemed to have center part in Gloria's Theater but was cut-out.

PsychonautsDArtagan.jpg

PsychonautsDart.jpg

PsychonautsDartflowers.jpg

PsychonautsMoneyshot.jpg

PsychonautsGloria.jpg

I'm guessing he was supposed to be the director of the show, but was cut-out because of design issues.

D'artagan was the original main character, modelled and fully animated as far as I'm aware. He was replaced with the considerably cooler looking Razputin later on.

He's actually included in the game as a little easter egg and reference during the ending sequence, poking his head out of the outhouse. Screengrab courtesy of Murray:

earlyraz.bmp

If you take a look at the artwork you unlock for Lunfishopolis, you'll see one of the pieces has a silhouetted giant D'art running rampant through the town - you can tell it's him due to his giant cap. I wonder what the populace would have called him? "Capplor"?

He's actually included in the game as a little easter egg and reference during the ending sequence, poking his head out of the outhouse. Screengrab courtesy of Murray:

earlyraz.bmp

I got rank 100, and I don't remember seeing that.

Was it one of the pictures in the credits? Maybe I missed it.

No no, as all the kids are leaving camp during the closing cutscene you can see Dart peek out of the outhouse.

No no, as all the kids are leaving camp during the closing cutscene you can see Dart peek out of the outhouse.

Man, I've been really unaware of what's going on around me these past couple of weeks, hell, in my entire life.

I think I have ADD and no one told me.

CAJB000RA --> CAJB007RA are board messages that you can't read in the game. They come before the first ones you can read. I think originally you could walk around the whole camp before doing Basic Braining because there are a few other clips that you can't hear that take place before Basic Braining. Most all of them are from the Fords. I can't give exact files because I didn't write them down and I don't feel like listening to the 40 minutes of Ford lines again to find them.

Is there anyone who could post this stuff some place? It'd be very cool.

You can get them out of the game yourself pretty easily.

I'm guessing that Phincus, like me, may have the Xbox version of the game instead of the PC version. Believe me, I'd love to go poking around through the files and check this kind of stuff out (you've definitely piqued my interest here) but as much as I love Psychonauts, I simply can't rationalize plonking down another $60 to $80 for a different version of a game that I already have, especially when I have exhausted my funds on 2HB patches, floaty pens, game soundtracks, and Whispering Rock T-Shirts.

So I guess I'll have to live without it. :cens0red:

Exactly, as, eh, I believe I mentioned in an earlier post. PS2, to be exact. I did pop the disc into my PC but, as I predicted, couldn't get at anything and didn't really want to risk damaging anything with my ninnery.

I'll try to upload some of the stuff tonight or tomorrow. There aren't that many files.

Doesn't the Psychonauts Explorer support the xbox version?

You know what? I really don't know! I'll have to stop making novelty avatars of myself and check when I get home tonight. :)

It does, as long as you get the specially modified (until Ben integrates the proper Xbox support into the next version of the program) version of Psychonauts Explorer from http://quick.mixnmojo.com/.

This Psychonauts Explorer is cool, but it's a same it need a codec, I guess that means I can't use the "I am the Milkman, my milk is delicious" line as a ringtone for my cell phone... ;(

Ok, here are all of the files I listed in this thread. I didn't take time to convert them, so you'll still need to install the ADCPM codec.

Tanukitsune, you can change the file format after you've installed the above codec.

Poop. I want all of the delicious sound and video files from the game, but I don't want to open my PC copy of the game. Looks like I'll be downloading 3 GB on dialup ;(