Marek

Chibi Robo: game we missed at E3

ss04b.jpg

ss07b.jpg

Well, this is kind of fun. Maybe a Katamari-esque surprise?

In Chibi Robo you apparently play the role of multi-purpose household appliance slash problem-taker-awayer. Apparently the project was doomed until Miyamoto offered to fix it up and make it a second-party title. The graphics style puts me off a bit, but the idea sounds nice.

I nearly started a thread about it at E3, and I was also (disappointedly) surprised that none of you covered it. But oh well.

I had my eye on this charming game for a couple of years now, it's finally finished and it received some great reviews. (YAY!) So with some luck it'll get released outside japan.

Here's the E3 trailer: http://www.nintendo.com/gameminiav?gameid=dc322774-057e-4fbe-aba6-8d7ae51d72ce

A game I want even more is Skip's first GameCube title Giftpia. For years now I've been waiting for it to get localized, and I'm still waiting for Nintendo to do it.

LOCALIZE GIFTPIA, DAMNIT!

I saw the commercial at that site that supposedly has every game ad ever made, it looks cute and interesting...

Too bad it will never make it here...

i played it briefly, it was kinda odd but looked interesting enough to be good.

I attempted to check it out a couple times but the only times I remembered to do so was when a couple of Chibi Robo fans were clued to the system for a half hour at a time.

The graphics style puts me off a bit, but the idea sounds nice.

What puts you off about the graphical style? You don't like houses?

Chris presents: "the internet forum" an interactive installation piece running indefinitely at the thumb gallery

:shifty:

I don't like how some of the characters look:

ss12b.jpg

ss13b.jpg

Sorry for having no further opinion other than "it puts me off a bit".

I agree with Dingo, I want Giftpia more than I want Chibi Robo. I want original Japanese RPG's that don't feature that horrible random-battles system.

Am I the only one who thinks that Chibi looks a bit like a sqashed version of Gir from "Invader Zim?" (for a low-rez, crappy image, check out my avatar) His head is flatter, but I get the feeling that if I can ever get my hands on this game I'll be squealing with joy as I run Chibi around the house screaming quotes from the show, thus really pissing off my roommates.

I can see it now...

*wavy flashback-style focus*

Me: "IT WAS ME! I WAS THE TURKEY ALL ALONG!! DON'T YA GET IT?!?

IT WAS MEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Roommate: "Peter, shut the fuck up before I cram that wavebird somewhere unpleasant."

Me: "Huh?"

Roommate: "I mean your ASS, you dipshit."

Me: "Right. Sorry."

*back into regular focus*

Good times, good times.