Sign in to follow this  
General Fuzzy McBitty

Katamari

The amount of content during E3 probably sent you, as well as many others, into shock. I mean, it redefined the Thumb; some would even go as far as calling it extreme!

I played my first game of Katamari at E3. I found sick pleasure in trying to make my Katamari as large as possible...

They made a special edition of Katamari for E3 - well only the introduction welcoming the player to Katamari at E3. It was a welcome change to all other demos at E3 - to have some game personalized just for an event.

It is not as if it was hard to throw in a few lines mentioning e3 in the mission screen... Most demos at the show were, in fact, made for e3.

I didn't know that. I should have guessed though.

I was there only on Friday and the only demos I tried were either really unfinished (Harry Potter, not good), ones that kept crashing (some online DnD game) or Katamari. So by the time I got a game that worked, and felt a little more polished just because it had some text mentioning E3, I was impressed.

Sad, isn't it?

I didn't know that. I should have guessed though.

I was there only on Friday and the only demos I tried were either really unfinished (Harry Potter, not good), ones that kept crashing (some online DnD game) or Katamari. So by the time I got a game that worked, and felt a little more polished just because it had some text mentioning E3, I was impressed.

Sad, isn't it?

Green badge? :)

Green badge? :)

A friend's badge - I think it was green. Anyhow, not the media one.

I played We Love Katamari, and I certainly loved Katamari. I only got to play one game, and I played it co-op with a friend. For the first few minutes, we were trying to shout out directions to each other, which wasn't working. Soon enough, we got into a zen state where we instinctively knew where we wanted to go and what mayhem we wanted to cause. We got quite a sizable Katamari by the end - I remember that we were getting school walls. Don't know if we managed to get a bison, though.