Sign in to follow this  
Ninja Dodo

We made this game...

I can't download it because Big Brother will be mad at me (I really mean my big brother and NOT the government), it's a long story best told in a flim-noir style.

I like the idea and screenshots so I give you a: :tup::tup::neiiin: Keep it up.

I'm at work at the moment, so I can't download it either. :shifty:

Well.....I could, but I'd catch hell for it later when the Systems department exacts their long awaited revenge on me.

The screens look cool, though. I'll try it out as soon as I get home. Or something.

Hmm...I try to install it, but it always says "Debug Assertion Failed!" It does look pretty cool though.

You're not supposed to run it from the zip file. And the exe isn't the installer, it's the game. Just extract the whole lot (with folders) to a location of your choice and run the exe to play.

Maybe we should start including a readme... Does anyone read those things?

*raises his hand*

You're not supposed to run it from the zip file. And the exe isn't the installer, it's the game. Just extract the whole lot (with folders) to a location of your choice and run the exe to play.

If you have access to install shield use that. I think even winzip has some archiving mechanism where you can bundle everything as an exe and extract it. I will download the game now and give it a try :)

I've played it on my own (not the multiplayer yet because my clone was in the bathroom). It's a very simple game, bumping the other turtles. Is this somehow tied in with your project on researching animation to tell people stuff ingame? What with the different kinds of smoke and no other way to see the damage on your turtle?

Yeah the concept is fairly simple, although some complexity is added by the fact that you can hide in your shell to deflect attacks, you can bounce off obstacles and you can pick up the lightning powerup to hit people even when they are hiding. Totally changes the pace of the game.

Tag mode is probably my favourite though... You're desperately trying to chase after the other player to get rid of the TNT, and when you do the roles are reversed and you try and stay the hell away from the other guy for the remainder of the 60 seconds. It's a bit different with three players though, cause then there are two bombs.

Crazy. Try that in the volcano level.

The smoke health indication thing isn't so much something from my Interactive Animation project as it is more like my general philosophy I guess. I prefer strong visual (or for that matter, aural) feedback that fits the game world to iconic and textual messages. I did have an idea though to make it a bit clearer, cause at the moment the feedback isn't instant. I wanted to have stars circling a players head for a second the moment he gets hit, but there wasn't time to implement it. Maybe in version 1.1...

By the way is there a single player version of the game? And if not, what are the controls for player 2? I was playing 2 players, but could only move my turtle. Also how do you fire the lightning. And where is this smoke health indicator? I didn't see it when I tried playing.

You know what would be cool? If these turtles can pick up various forms of power ups that give them rediculous powerups. Kinda like worms but with direct control. That would be fun :)

Everything is explained in the Help section:

turbohelp.jpg

... and no, there's no singleplayer version. Programming bot AI would've taken time we didn't have.

The lightning isn't something you fire... You simply attack as you would normally. The difference is that your attacks have an effect even if the other player is hiding in his shell.

If you have access to install shield use that. I think even winzip has some archiving mechanism where you can bundle everything as an exe and extract it. I will download the game now and give it a try :)

Screw installshield... NSIS is where it's at. Free too.

With the help of that Nullsoft installer thingy I've managed to bring the whole thing down to a somewhat more agreeable 22 megs, plus you no longer have to unzip stuff manually, you can just run the setup and it installs everything. I added a quick readme as well...

Has anyone had a go at playing it with two or three players yet? Messing around with it on your own really doesn't do it justice... With two or three it can be a lot of fun. (though I'm biased, obviously) :gaming: