MrHoatzin

Psychonauts hate thread

Did you actually try dying once to find out? I'm pretty sure whenever a wrestler beats you it gives you a choice to try again or to leave the fight. Are you just guessing or it not give you that option?

I fought the wrestler that you need the confusion grenades for without them and I just lost on purpose. I got kicked out of the painting and I'm not sure if I even lost a life.

Talk to the matador to get the confusion granades.

Kolzig, the first one is a green baby that I am sure is located within a wall (move the window to where the vine or the guitar go and jump in) the other one is within a wall as well -- a blue painting.

Hmm, how long does Game Stop take to reply to a complaint?

I asked why I was charged a fortune in shipping, and wether if my T-shirt could be replaced about a week ago? :erm:

Hmm, how long does Game Stop take to reply to a complaint?

I asked why I was charged a fortune in shipping, and wether if my T-shirt could be replaced about a week ago? :erm:

I don't get it why you and Erwin had to pay extra for the game when it was delivered to you, for example I didn't have to pay anything to the delivery guy.

But I'm still waiting for GameStop's replacement disc 4...

I don't get it why you and Erwin had to pay extra for the game when it was delivered to you, for example I didn't have to pay anything to the delivery guy.

But I'm still waiting for GameStop's replacement disc 4...

And I think I had to pay them the same amount as the shipping itself!

The last time I had to pay that much in customs, if that is what it really was, the pacakage weighed 5kg, while this package doesn't even weigh 500g... :bomb:

ok, when I use agent nein's machine, there's a door right to the left of me that isn't open, how do I open it? All the other doors are open except for that one and I'm at the point where I can do the last level.

ok, when I use agent nein's machine, there's a door right to the left of me that isn't open, how do I open it? All the other doors are open except for that one and I'm at the point where I can do the last level.
That is the last level.

oh....ok

well that's kinda disappointing

Life is like a disappointing box of chocolates.

Man, up until the 'point of no return', this masterpiece had just about knocked Prince of Persia out of its spot on my list of favorites. After that, everything went to fucking hell. There are two flaws with Psychonauts that are really pissing me off, mostly because aside from these flaws, the game is a masterpiece, and I would love for it to stay that way.

Flaw #1, saves need to fucking work like saves. Not sometimes fucking checkpoints, and sometimes fucking saves. They don't work like they're supposed to right when you need them the most, such as in Tent City.

Flaw #2, beyond the 'point of no return', there are some insanely difficult areas in comparison to everything you experience in the game prior to them. The difficulty all of the sudden goes from "relatively easy and fun" to "frustrating and annoying". It breaks the harmony of the game, and it's not exactly that fun when you sit there replaying the same damn sequence dozens of times, possibly for an hour or two - and then you hit another one just after that. Everything the game has trained you far thus for won't prepare you, or your reaction time and reflexes, for the ludicrous shit that happens after you have brainsex with Oleander.

:frusty:

This seems to be an appropriate post for any 'hate' thread. :shifty:

Once you pass those bits you'll fondly remember them. Trust me.

Yeah, I would agree that it does get pretty tough, but I wouldn't say it all goes to hell from there. The rabbit/Ollie sequence took me a very long time to get past--it requires patience more than anything--but after that, it's all downhill. But not the bad kind of downhill. Like the rollercoaster sort of downhill, where it's exhilarating and fun.

The Meat Circus was a pretty unenjoyable level, but I didn't have quite as much trouble with it as most people seem to. I mean, I had to retry that flaming wire netting bit a number of times, but the main reason that I kept failing it was that I didn't spot the big piece of meat behind it which you had to jump onto. :~

However, it was more the atmosphere of the level that I disliked. I've never really enjoyed circus type things, which didn't help. The level just seemed to overwhelming, unrelaxed and downright darker than most of the others -- I guess this was the design intention, but it left me with some pretty bad memories of the level.

Other than that relatively small issue the game was bloody awesome though. The ending totally left me utterly, utterly gasping for more, which is always a good sign. It'd be nice to revisit this world some day, although whether it should be DF's next project is arguable. Let technology and experience move on a bit, like.

The whole Meat Circus was worth it to hear LeChuck the Butcher, though!