MrHoatzin

Psychonauts hate thread

I still didn't get cd 4 yet, I better get it tomorrow.

Yeah, probably. I think they must've received my returned 5 x disc 4 version by now so they'll be able to help at least 5 of you unfortunates. :grin:

--Erwin

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I couldn't find them Benny, Crystal, or Clem (or is is Chem? something with a 'c' at least) either. I also hate how you can't see past Elton and Milkah's heads to see what they see you as. Bobby Ziltch's was hilarious despite only being able to see part of it.
On a related note, the cheatcodes that are on all sites ever are fake.

I'm missing another figment, now in the milkman level...

I've looked everywhere, the one I can't find is on page two, line 2, number 4....

Even though I've been in hiding, I just can't fucking take it anymore. I just ordered the game. Maybe it's better on console than on PC, but I also don't have a console newer than SNES. Thanks a lot, you bastards. :shifty:

Also, I miss Yufster.

I've looked everywhere, the one I can't find is on page two, line 2, number 4....

I couldn't tell you were that specific one is, but make sure you check behind all the buildings. The post office and the garden thing are particularily easy to miss.

Some of them are impossible to get, the ones that float all over the place.

I just left off at the start of Napoleon's board game. Aw man, the levels just get more and more fucked up! :clap:

There is one that I had a hell of a hard time finding, and that was a red one on an orange tabletop in one of the houses near Boyd's. Another one that was slightly easier to hunt down was purple and behind a car somewhere.

I'll try to find it, you see, I give you the postion in the figement menu because if I know what it looks like, I'll know a little more of how to look for it, at least I should know if it's outdoors and indoors....

You see, I'm also missing the first one in the 3rd page and the last one on the fifth of the painter Teagle, and if you told me that one was a cat, I'll know it should be on the rooftops, so knowing what it looks like does help...

Right now I'm at Fred Bonaparte, and having a blast, I had to quit only beacuse it was so late I couldn't keep my eyes open.... :erm:

One final thing:

Would I be correct to assume that the Voodoo doll is in Loboto's lab? It's the only scavenger hunt item I'm missing!

And

Why do they say you can't kill the strongarm censors? I just use the shield once I got the final upgrade for it, the one that harms anyone you attacks you. You just have to time it right if there are many of those goons around....

Edgar:

Did you get the one in the basketball hoop in the sewers?

Scavenger hung:

It would be incorrect to assume that.

censors:

uh... what are you talking about? You can kill them with four or so psi-blasts easy.

Censors:

Well, the manual and Ford make you think they are invicible. They tell you to run and hide, not to fight them...

:erm:

Edgar:

I think I did, but I'll check again...

Scavenger Hunt:

Then in which area is it? I could swear I got searched for all of them in all areas!

Waterloo:

GAH! I'm missing 6 here, four of them I can see perfectly but can't reach!

I climb the house next to the guillotine and see 3 figment to my right an one to my left, there are trampolines, but no matter how much I try I just can't reach them. I even managed to do a levitation jump from the chimeney and dogded the sign but I STILL didn't reach them!

Clairvoyance:

Use it on enemies and bosses, the kids, everything!!!

I love how Sasha and Milo see Raz!

censors:

They were being over dramatic. They actually are really easy to kill.

hunt:

It's in the lodge.

waterloo:

Levitate on the smoke. You probably also missed one in the woods to the right of the second peasent house.

Scavenger Hunt:

Then in which area is it? I could swear I got searched for all of them in all areas!

Waterloo:

GAH! I'm missing 6 here, four of them I can see perfectly but can't reach!

I climb the house next to the guillotine and see 3 figment to my right an one to my left, there are trampolines, but no matter how much I try I just can't reach them. I even managed to do a levitation jump from the chimeney and dogded the sign but I STILL didn't reach them!

Scavenger Hunt:

It is in the main lodge.

Waterloo:

When the smoke raises you up (with the thought bubble over your head), the first time is the highest and then it drops you down and holds you steady slightly lower. If you just slide from there you may get it.

EDIT: Bah, screw you Peter! Why must you answer questions in a speedy manner.

Gah! I feel so stupid! I assumed the lodge and the area outside where the same so I never bothered to look inside!

Just as I suspected, the figments are sorted by value and type, so the figment missing is likely to be the same or similar to the one next to it! And if it's between two of the same kind, it will be of the same kind too!

At Waterloo, I was missing a few figments between the pidgeons, I searched the skies and there they were!

BTW, I was talking about the ones over the river but I got them using the hover ball right after I hit the trampoline, that way I glide from the highest point possible...

EDIT: Edgar:

Ok, only ONE to go before the last level, according to my "theory", it must be one of those naked men with a towel covering him, since I think I remember seeing them in the sewer showers I will look there...

EDIT: Hmm, nope I can't find it in the sewers, but where else could it be?

The figments are sorted by value, not by type. Somebody with the PC version should upload figment catalogue screenshots of the levels that they completed. I may be willing to do this with the levels that I have sorted out. I collected all the figments in Edgar's mind when I first played on the xbox, but I cannot find one now on the pc. Can someone give me a breakdown in order of the first row of the first page of figments? I believe the one that I am missing is six points heavy.

The figments are sorted by value, not by type. Somebody with the PC version should upload figment catalogue screenshots of the levels that they completed. I may be willing to do this with the levels that I have sorted out. I collected all the figments in Edgar's mind when I first played on the xbox, but I cannot find one now on the pc. Can someone give me a breakdown in order of the first row of the first page of figments? I believe the one that I am missing is six points heavy.

Maybe it was the one I was missing? There is a cat high up in an alley next up to an ammo upgrade, it's easy to spot if you use first person view but near impossible to spot if not...

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I couldn't find them Benny, Crystal, or Clem (or is is Chem? something with a 'c' at least) either. I also hate how you can't see past Elton and Milkah's heads to see what they see you as. Bobby Ziltch's was hilarious despite only being able to see part of it.

Maloof and the russiah are under Olly's car, probably hijaking it...

I was able to see a bit of Elton's vision, but you fall into the water and only see it for a second...

Nope, but i could check it out later....

BTW, I finally beat Psychonauts at rank 100 and saw the extra scene!

All I can say about this game is: :clap::woohoo::gaming::mrt::tup::tup::tup::neiiin::poring::wtf::rubik:

It was THAT good! The ending actually moved me!

And further more, congratz! Chris, Jake and Rushalka, you made it to the thank you credits!

I think I'll go see if I can find the other kids and visit all the level to use clairvoyance on them!

When you beat the game, are you allowed to go back and explore and stuff? Or at least go back to right before you fought the last boss or whatever.

When you beat the game, are you allowed to go back and explore and stuff? Or at least go back to right before you fought the last boss or whatever.

Nope, better have a save file before:

Tossing the turtle in the tank!

I have two save files, one at the final level and one in the level before that, so I can access all of them now, if I wanted to that is...

And further more, congratz! Chris, Jake and Rushalka, you made it to the thank you credits!
Hey punk what about Marek, Spaff, Moosferatu and -- most importantly -- ME?! We're all there too.

Hey punk what about Marek, Spaff, Moosferatu and -- most importantly -- ME?! We're all there too.

Maybe I didn't see them becuase I don't know your real full names? :shifty:

Maybe I didn't see them becuase I don't know your real full names? :shifty:
Such as Marek Bronstring and James Spafford? Nobody seems to know Moos' name (Peter Winckles, right?) and I really ought to go by my real name more often. It's just that I see it as too unwieldy, unpronounceable and flat -- no ring to it whatsoever. Kingzjester is only slightly less awful as a use name... I should probably start going by Kingsley Cunningham or something like that.

No body seems to know Moos' name (Peter Winckles, right?)

I. Must. Not. Laugh.

I should probably start going by Kingsley Cunningham or something like that.

Suggestions:

Smiley Lubberflegm

Otto Asphiksia

Ima Strokanoff

Bubba Kissplump

Ivan Nawstybone