Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

Yet another Psychonauts thread

Erm, I didn't really know which of the many Psychonauts threads this would be more appropriate in, but: has anyone else noticed that Raz's stare becomes more intense the closer the camera gets to his face? He kind of squints whenever you swing the camera to the ground to get a good look at his face.

I just thought that was kind of wierd.

That sounds exactly like something Tim would do. In one talk he gave, he said how he liked when you look at Farrah in SandsofTime, after a minute she starts going 'what are you looking at?' and stuff. You know what I'm talking about.

Also, Raz's idle animations change depending on where you stand... like in Milla Bodello's mind he disco dances.

The one I liked is when you get up high on the camp, where the Psi marker is (like in the demo) and Raz does a little egyptian dance. That's cute. :grin:

Also, Raz's idle animations change depending on where you stand... like in Milla Bodello's mind he disco dances.

The one I liked is when you get up high on the camp, where the Psi marker is (like in the demo) and Raz does a little egyptian dance. That's cute. :grin:

You mean the Bobby Zilch dance?

He does the bobby zilch dance if you let him idle sometime right after ranking up or getting a scavenger item

My favorite use of the Bobby Zilch dance was:

In Fred's mind, when large Raz walks right into Napoleon's castle and claims victory without having done any of the required tasks. I was just checking out the landscape at that point and wasn't expecting that reaction at all, so I laughed heartily.

This just in, Penny Arcade likes Psychonauts...

"I've been playing lots of Psychonauts and I think it's fantastic. It feels good to play a game that makes you laugh for a change."

Hopefully that means that hordes of mindless Penny Arcade drones will now buy the game.

My favorite use of the Bobby Zilch dance was:

In Fred's mind, when large Raz walks right into Napoleon's castle and claims victory without having done any of the required tasks. I was just checking out the landscape at that point and wasn't expecting that reaction at all, so I laughed heartily.

Haha that was classic. I didn't do it until I was like 2/3 done with the level but it was still great.

On a related note, you inside-joking bastards, I now know where "I kill you" comes from. :(

"I kill you" came from psychonauts? I hadn't heard that line in Psychonauts when I suggested that title to Chris... Maybe Schafer stole it from us. Clearly that's most likely what happened - more likely than us coming up with those 3 words independently at least.

:shifty::shifty::noskate:

The fighting figurines in Fred Napoleon's head scream out "I kill you" when they fight one another -- in really ludicrous French accents.

:shifty::noskate::noskate:

Boyds brain will be the favourite for the adventure gamers out there me thinks.

agreed about the meat circus, i believe i reacted to that level by screaming ' I give this game 0/10" and then storming out of the house. Bob can testify.

AMEN! The entire game was awesome right up to the point I had to save little oly... I want to finish the game withour resorting to cheats help me please :/