Salka

Christopher Walken

I didn't even know he was from SNL. I thought they always played comedies afterwards, not Evil Characters.

Walter, agreed! I thought that only the other day. It made me think... wouldn't he make an hilarious, sinister Willy Wonka? ha ha ha! Then I laughed for a while and made a sandwich.

I didn't even know he was from SNL. I thought they always played comedies afterwards, not Evil Characters.
He wasn't from SNL, he just had so many memorable guest appearances that he would steal the show.

I can imagine! Though I haven't seen it myself, just imagining Walken doing this kind of stuff... guess it's the fact that you would never think from most of his stuff that he is capable of being funny. And still you can just tell that below that surface is a totally nice and funny person!

Actually he did get a Best of SNL tape published, the only non-cast member to do so to my knowledge.

Jay Mohr's impersonation of Christopher Walken is probably the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life. "Your dog... was in here a moment ago... I couldn't help noticing... your dog has no tail..."

His accent is from New York, the reason it sounds a bit odd is his stilted manner of speaking - he basically pauses momentarily mid-sentence and the such, as though he's thinking about how to complete the sentence.

I read somewhere that he was quoted as saying that he speaks like he's reading from a very slow teleprompter.

To be honest though, most of the people I know that speak like that have smoked entirely too many illegal substances.