Sign in to follow this  
Intrepid Homoludens

GTA3 aficionados, listen up: NPR Yakuza story

My curiosity is aroused, but not to the extent that i would consider allowing RealPlayer on my computer for an instant. The thing is a heap of shit.

I'll take your word for it however

Yeah, I don't like RealPlayer or MediaPlayer 9 either. Sorry.

Hehe, that was pretty cool, NPR has some pretty awesome stories sometimes, but they're hidden under so many layers of shit talk radio and passe jazz that I don't even bother trying to listen for one unless I'm on a long car trip.

Thanks for the link.

:D You're welcome. Yeah, I'm a big NPR whore, actually. But these days I listen to them online, that way I can pick and choose which stories to hear. They do sometimes cover computer and video game related news and stories. Odyssey, a talk show imbedded in NPR's daily broadcasts, always has some great topics. A few times they've also covered recent issues in games and gaming. Gretchen Heflrich is marvelous, I love her!

A non-evil alternative to Real Player can be found here. It's called Real Alternative, oddly enough...

Houston NPR is pretentious shite. San Antonio NPR is much better. I don't know how they manage to pull that off.

Baltimore NPR is pretty great, although I'm not sure which of the people are broadcast across the country and which are local.

But the one the one radio show I really love is cartalk, I'm not much into cars but I find it hilarious all the same.