Sign in to follow this  
syntheticgerbil

Wonderful, Sad, Touching, Gorgeous Syberia

I'm afraid that if I buy Syberia on the positive hype from you guys it'll turn around to be another Longest Journey, complete with localised Dutch voices and actually not being very good at all ;(

Uhm, if by "no one on AdventureGamers understands" you mean that everyone there adores it, then no. I never got myself to even play the full game, I hated the demo so much. I'm not gonna even touch this game until it's at least bargain bin material.

I'm afraid that if I buy Syberia on the positive hype from you guys it'll turn around to be another Longest Journey

Syberia is shit for a lot of reasons, mostly because it's boring, bland and basic, and I hate it. Now, if you buy it on negative information from me, it won't seem as bad because you probably expected worse. I mean, it WILL actually be as bad, but it won't seem like it.

Personally I liked it a lot, but it can definitely be boring much of the time. There's just simply no interactivity other than the two or three characters per 'chapter' to talk to and the puzzles themselves. And I don't even buy that 'deep, epic' shit from people who claim that the 'barrenness' of life and whatever in the game is justified because it's supposed to be a highly 'introspective' experience. Yes, so is watching grass grow but at least the wind blows it around so it's still noticeably more exciting than pointing and clicking Kate Walker from one end of Valadilene to the other while trying so very hard not to fall asleep.

I liked it a lot, but then I was in so much in the mood to play it at the time that I did. I would give Benoit Sokal a good yelling about it if I ever met him face to face.

:mrt:

Just a question about TLJ, is the main girl as annoying in the game as she is in the demo, or at least, not any worse? And am I the only one who finds it weird that they curse in a fantasy world?

Ok, thanks. I see how they can justify it.

TLJ is good, except for the first chapter or so, which is drop-dead-boring exposition. April is annoying, but it's about as annoying as you'd expect someone dropped into her situation would be, I think, and never really got on my nerves. And I only remember two people cussing in Arcadia (the fantasy world), and they were from Stark (the real/science world).