Sign in to follow this  
OftenK

Telltale Texas Hold'em

I don't get it. I don't understand.

Also, am I the only person that thinks this Guybrush Dudebrough guy is completely forgettable?

Is it... worth it? I love texas hold 'em, but I have a feeling this is gonna have the depth of Microsoft hearts. Plus, I am weary of Telltales humor, mostly because of the lack of funny in the blog. Why couldn't they have made this $5 or $50 so the choice would be easy?

Well there is a free demo so you can try that out at least.

I think their texas holdem characters are pretty forgettable, and the art direction is not top notch, but the character interaction and animation is nice, and their next title will be based on an existing franchise, and they have a new art director now (Graham Annable of Hickee/Grickle fame)... I suspect the art/design to be a lot tighter next time around when they start their first adventure title.

I don't know if I'm going to buy Telltale Texas Hold'em, though I might just in the spirit of donating to the cause.

Yeah, I played the demo... I'm still torn. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the ai was. Each character plays differently, and they all play like pretty good hold 'em players. Not great, but pretty good. Does anyone know if there are multiple difficulty settings in the full version? This would be nice for people learning to play the game.

Graham Annabel? That's freaking awesome.

But they're not funny. That's the thing that gets me the most. They're just not funny. And it wouldn't matter, except that they try to be funny. Look at the Dudebrough Threepwood blog, for instance. That has to be the most annoying character ever.

Hmm, I can't say it excites me a whole lot. The art direction is sort of ugly and it seems like a desktop toy, rather than the kind of thing Telltale have been promising. Obviously it is a 'side project' though. I guess this might have been a sort of testing ground, maybe honing some coders' or artists' skills, or tinkering with the engine, before they really get the ball rolling on a bigger project.

Just thought I'd mention that the excellent Graham Annable is now doing a comic on the Telltale website. It's that 'Bay Area game artist doing webcomics on the side' formula that you've come to love from the immortal (but recently neglected) DFAC. Remains to be seen whether it will be as funny as Scott or Nathan or Raz, but Annable's Grickle/Hickee stuff is mostly hit rather than miss.

I don't know. I want Telltale to be awesome, and I want to be the biggest and most annoying fanboy ever. I can't wait for them to kick ass. I just hope they start doing that. And soon.

Gotta try that. I play texas hold'em with some friends. They play every weekend, but I've only been there about twice. I play like shit though.

I like that Annable's Telltale comic is in a fairly different style from his Grickle/Hickee/Stickleback stuff, which I really like but which was starting to cry out for more variation.

I played real-life texas hold'em just today and I discovered that I can play well for about 2 hours, but then I get bored and just can't concentrate any more. No matter if I win or lose.

Also it didn't help that more people joined later and one of them talks all the time, which caused another player who sometimes talks all the time also to talk all the time. So they both talked all the time and it got like really annoying and then I left.