Sign in to follow this  
MrHoatzin

The, "Oy fuckin' oy!" moments

Ok, I just installed GTA3 and did some of the first missions. I hadn't played it for a long time and to my surprise, it actually kind of looks and feels better than Vice City in some ways. But maybe it's all because of that blur effect (VC doesn't have it).

Ok, I just installed GTA3 and did some of the first missions. I hadn't played it for a long time and to my surprise, it actually kind of looks and feels better than Vice City in some ways. But maybe it's all because of that blur effect (VC doesn't have it).

That blur effect broke my eyes so I turned it straight off. :gaming:

I prefer the look and feel of GTA3 too. It's moodier (especially around Portland) and the cars aren't rubbish or from the 80s (apart from the ones that are). And the terrain is more fun, and Chatterbox is BEST.

....and the cars aren't rubbish or from the 80s (apart from the ones that are)....
Brilliant.

I remember two or three "oy, fucking oy" moments :

- in the first medal of honor, in th very frist missions, I was assaulting a bunker, I had throw grenades everywhere; I suspected there were survivors, thus I was moving carefully when. As I was near a bunker entrance, I heard a shout and see a soldier jump on me, firing all over the place while shouting as if it was kamikaze attack. I reacted a bit late, shot him down and realize I was still alive... you know the Pulp Fiction felling.

- the bones song in MI2.. and i fucking don't know why. It was just so surprising the frist time I came trought it

- the first you entered the city's street in the nomad soul.

- The giant elevator in Jedi Knight that bring you to the top in .. 1 minutes.

-Playing Grim Fandango (my favorite game ever)

-Playing the They Hunger mod for HL, im just walking along minding my own business, then come to a dead end, when i turn around there is a zombie in my face screaming...I jumped out of my chair.

All of Grim Fandango

That 'Pirates Life' song in CMI was pretty fucking great too

An "Oy, this is fucking shit" moment would be GTA 3 and its half-baked sequel

-Playing the They Hunger mod for HL, im just walking along minding my own business, then come to a dead end, when i turn around there is a zombie in my face screaming...I jumped out of my chair.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right!

I loved that moment in the Surface Tension chapter in Half-Life where you're climbing up the cliffside and start heading into that big pipe..... corkysm79.gif .......[teenage suburban girl voice] I was, like, you total bitch!! And, like, totally quickloaded the game and, like beat the shit out of that headcrab! Totally not kewt. [/teenage suburban girl voice]

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Serves you right!

I loved that moment in the Surface Tension chapter in Half-Life where you're climbing up the cliffside and start heading into that big pipe..... corkysm79.gif .......[teenage suburban girl voice] I was, like, you total bitch!! And, like, totally quickloaded the game and, like beat the shit out of that headcrab! Totally not kewt. [/teenage suburban girl voice]

Hell yeah, those god damn head crab you just beat there little corpses into the ground after they make you change your underpants...

I wanted one as a pet, though. Still do. I imagine taking it for a walk on a leash up and down Broadway in Uptown. The homeless people have no idea, soon you'll be seeing faceless yuppies walking around groping their way to the el stop, blood all over the sidewalks.

I wanted one as a pet, though. Still do. I imagine taking it for a walk on a leash up and down Broadway in Uptown. The homeless people have no idea, soon you'll be seeing faceless yuppies walking around groping their way to the el stop, blood all over the sidewalks.

And let's get some of those houndeyes too, sneak up on some homeless people and stick one in thier cardboard box then BAM, (insert crazy houndeye sound here)

First scary moment in a game? Hired Guns on the Amiga - the crackle of footsteps, an understated flashing of the screen - what's this? Something odd happening? I turn around and there's a fucking skeleton standing there, immobile and yet KILLING ME! Things have moved on since then, and I hope to face System Shock 2 all on my own one day. :fart:

Oh, and this might amuse you - my latest "awesome!!!!!!!!!!11" moment was today, while playing Ocarina of Time for the first, er, time. I think I can safely say that it's stood the test of, for the love of God this isn't deliberate, 'time'...