Sign in to follow this  
SoccerDude28

Prince of persia WW: Some confusion in the story *SPOILERS IN READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*

Hello WARNING TONS OF SPOILERS AHEAD. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I just played POP:WW and I have a few unanswered questions about the plot that lingered with meafter finishing the game. Anyone who has finished and has a clue about what I'm talking about, can you please help?

1- I think Duncan asked this in his review, but why was the Dahaka after the prince. Didn't he fix the timeline in POP SOT, and the sands were never opened?

2- Why is the prince himself the architect of the sands? How come he's the one creating them?

3- when the prince was the Sand Wraith everything happened in the past like it did before, except for one thing, the actual prince being killed by the Dahaka instead of the Sand Wraith itself. Why was that the only thing different.

4- I didn't get how, if he took the empress of time to the present, and he kills here there, things will be fixed?

Anyone who understood the twisted story please help. I'm going :nuts:

But I don't get that when the sand wraith prince let his past self die, shouldn't that have ended the whole shebang? Anyone who has seen Back to the Future knows that much.

Oh, and while we're on the subject, and considering I have nothing better to do than mock Ubisoft, this in an excerpt from their Warrior Within FAQ. If you have time, read the whole thing. Its both depressing and hilarious. And the word 'emotion' is used about ten million times.

1. Repairing the fabric of time? Being followed around by death?

Sounds ace, where the hell did you come up with this story?

Let's talk about the genesis of such an incredible story. From the early conception, we wanted to keep a strong link with Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time™, as the Prince will still be able to use the Powers of Time.

We worked with talented Hollywood script writers to define a set of strong emotions. And with their help, we came to a game that will feel like a thriller, generating a certain sense of fear and oppression but still with a lot of action. Naturally, it led us to create a much darker, more mysterious and more oppressive environment, to fiercer and more frightening enemies, to more thrilling sounds and music, etc.[/Quote]

WHAT

Good lord, they used both the words "oppresion" and "oppresive". Sounds ace, where the hell did you come up with this FAQ?

1- I think Duncan asked this in his review, but why was the Dahaka after the prince. Didn't he fix the timeline in POP SOT, and the sands were never opened?

He might have fixed the timeline but the creatures that control the timeline , the time cops so to speak, send out the dahaka to get rid of the price since he should have died when he was trying to stop the sands of time in the first game.

2- Why is the prince himself the architect of the sands? How come he's the one creating them?

The empress of time ( the girl in the red dress) is the sands of time, when she dies she becomes the sands of time.

3- when the prince was the Sand Wraith everything happened in the past like it did before, except for one thing, the actual prince being killed by the Dahaka instead of the Sand Wraith itself. Why was that the only thing different.

In the level where he becomes the sand wraith they explain this: when you are the sand wraith you can step outside the timeline was it were and you will return to your old body when your other you dies so to speak.

4- I didn't get how, if he took the empress of time to the present, and he kills here there, things will be fixed?

Things are fixed insofar that the sands are created after he was in pop:sot so in a way the story in pop:sot never happened.

Time travel is a bitch and the story in pop:ww has a boatload of plotholes big enough for the titanic but there you have it. the story as pop:ww tries to tell you it.

The sad thing is, I've heard a bunch of people talking about how awesome WW in, how much better it is that SoT, and how good the story is... :shifty:

He might have fixed the timeline but the creatures that control the timeline , the time cops so to speak, send out the dahaka to get rid of the price since he should have died when he was trying to stop the sands of time in the first game. [/Quote]

Fair enough, so I guess that's when he died in the past, his fate was fulfilled but the sand wraith let him live again as an image of himself.

The empress of time ( the girl in the red dress) is the sands of time, when she dies she becomes the sands of time.Things are fixed insofar that the sands are created after he was in pop:sot so in a way the story in pop:sot never happened. [/Quote]

So if I understood correctly, all the sands were embodied in this woman. If you kill her, there will be sands. If you don't the sands are not created. But the hour glass in the past was showing sands being created :nuts: go figure. Also all the minions in the past were releasing sands. Are they all part of the empress?