iammusictoo

Warrior Within

There are some water fountains scattered through the levels that you can drink at and save your game.

I got to play it some more and everything Tycho said about it is correct. And...

WHERE THE FUCK IS SOUND? Most of the sound effects are played so quietly that I can barely hear anything. And occasionally (actually quite often) you get totally off the mark utterances from the enemies. They've totally screwed up anything that had to do with sound. Except that the non-heavy music they have is quite good.

The enemy utterances are continuously off the mark. There's this one enemy who's made out of crows or something that you have to kill three times, and each time he dies he materialises someplace else. When I killed him the first time and then ran off to kill him again he was yelling things like "Defeat does not suit you, prince!" even though I just killed him.

I didn't have any problems with sound effects, though.

Man he just told you. You can save when you drink the water from the fountains.

BTW. Also loading the main menu takes almost a minute on my computer! So i find the best way to quit the game is to ctrl-alt-del

When you get to a fountain you just need to drink from it and it will prompt you if you want to save or not.

I think he is asking if there is a seperate command to use to save anytime. If that is your question, then, I don't really know the answer, seeing that I do not own the game.

I finished it. Besides having too much combat, sound being messed up on my PC (actually towards the end it surprisingly got better), and all this wannabe dark theme, it's still a pretty good game. And the story is actually kind of good, with some twists I wasn't expecting.

And Godsmack only played in the menu and credits and you never had to listen to the voice if you were quick enough in the menu...

Also, what's up with everyone focusing on the "you bitch" line? In an average movie, we hear lots of worse language than that. Oh, he also said "die, you bastard" once. I think those lines were entirely appropriate.

Or maybe you didn't notice that the Prince was never a very nice guy in the first place (I mean in Sands of Time). Even if the whole failiure of the "darker, more mature" theme hadn't been present, those lines would still have been appropriate. And actually a darker theme does kind of fit the story, except that it's badly done in this one.

The hidden artwork chests are fucking pointless.

Looks like you enjoyed the game a lot more than I did, which is good, I guess. My problem with the story was that it wasn't just trying to be dark and edgy, it was trying to be smart and clever, and I think it ended up failing at all those things. Out of curiosity, which plot twists didn't you see coming?

Please tell me it wasn't the one about Kaileena.

I found the entire plot pretty telegraphed, to be honest. The only thing which had me slightly confused was when

The Dahaka kills your 'stalker' in the past and not you

and I figured out what that was about myself in the time it took me to run around the entire fucking castle three hundred times before the next cutscene.

Also, I was pretty pissed when you spend the first half of the game stopping the creation of the Sands of Time, then you do it and it turns out IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYWAY.

My problem with the 'you bitch!' line wasn't in its content; it was that it was there just to be cool. I mean, you're in this boss battle, halfway through it cuts to a cutscene which consists only of a Prince reaction shot and him yelling "You bitch!". Then you're back to fighting. There was absolutely no point to it other than showing off.

On a positive note, though, I thought the pre-rendered cutscenes were very well done. (And this confused me: did you think the Prince's voice sounded different in-game? In the cutscenes he was a lot less snarly.) And I was definitely glad Godsmack weren't that involved.