twmac

Does anyone care about the new consoles?

That is, except for me?

2020 has kind of sucked so I got sucked into buying the Xbox Series X under the logic that I wanted something cool to look forward to.

There are only two games that look truly next gen (Dirt 5 and some FPS game), and all the reports just make them both sound like they are on fire in terms of rolling out features.

I am just curious if anyone else is buying them, and why. But also, if you are not buying one, is there something impeding you (other than you don't want one)?

I mostly care about finally getting an UHD Bly-Ray player (PS5) and maybe a system that is better/faster/quieter with improved versions of streaming apps (I hope) than my current PS3.

For some reason after my first XBox died (I don't even remember which version it was, maybe the 360) I switched to PlayStation and never looked back.

But yeah, I plan to play some games on it too. Not sure if I care about any of the PS5 games, but I still haven't played some PS4 games that I'd like to.

I was just about to preorder a PS5 last week but then I saw it'll take until NEXT YEAR before it'd arrive cause they're so sold-out, so I dunno, maybe I'll see if I can find one in the local stores on opening day? That's probably wishful thinking.

But yeah, an upgrade feels like a no-brainer since it'll run all the PS4 games I'm currently playing anyway, but with an improved performance.

Lucky you! I'm still on the lookout for one. Periodically online stores here will get a batch of 100 or so PS5s but they're gone in minutes and I never have time to order. :|

On 10/23/2020 at 1:07 AM, twmac said:

That is, except for me?

2020 has kind of sucked so I got sucked into buying the Xbox Series X under the logic that I wanted something cool to look forward to.

There are only two games that look truly next gen (Dirt 5 and some FPS game), and all the reports just make them both sound like they are on fire in terms of rolling out features.

I am just curious if anyone else is buying them, and why. But also, if you are not buying one, is there something impeding you (other than you don't want one)?

Sorry for bumping an old thread but if you do find this message, just curious, how are you finding your Xbox Series X so far?

I bought mine earlier this year and despite mostly having PS5/PS4 friends (I come from a PS4, too), I'm loving the Series X a lot. Game Pass is incredible and without it, I don't think the Series X can really float.

The reason that impeded me before is budget. It's too expensive, I'll admit that, but once I was able to cough up the cash, I believe it was worth it just for the games alone and the jump to a Series X and PS4 can be felt.

Game Pass had so many good titles, from the Gears games to Yakuza 0. I also bought other retail titles separately like Cyberpunk 2027 and Elden Ring. And while they are on PS5, too, just being able to alternate from a random, casual Game Pass title to any of these retail titles is just amazing.

If you're still wondering whether it's wise to invest in consoles when you can easily install any video games on your PC or play their mobile versions on your smartphones, we're glad to inform you that, YES, consoles are a great gaming investment.