Sign in to follow this  
Nick

WoW Beta

The World of Warcraft Beta...

Why am I not on it? :bomb: Is anyone else on it? Wanna let me know what you think of it? How it's looking and all. Wanna let me have your beta account? :grin:

Like Blizzard always does, they take all the games of any genre, and make a game that doesn't innovate like hell, but makes the genre 10x better with what's there. As far as MMORPGs... I have yet to play its equal. The content is great, the story/quests kick ass, and that's what really matters to me - the script. PVP isn't required, but their PVP systems seem to be the best and most balanced of any MMO. I mean, I could go on all day about how I'd waste away in front of my computer and starve to death because I'm too involved to go to the kitchen...

The one downfall though, are the bugs. It is beta, sure. One, however, that has turned away dozens of testers already, is Error #132. Just read the Support Forum if you want to know about it. The solutions their techs give don't work. Some people have solved it by underclocking their systems, which is just... dumb. The game doesn't have any next-generation graphics, and yet manages to take up more resources and stress your hardware more than any MMO I've ever played. Granted, I need a new system, but even people with state-of-the-art computers get this error. For me, the error is systemic. I can reformat every week, and after a few days, I get it once, then again twice as fast - rinse and repeat - until it crashes before you even click the icon to open it. The techs seem to be in total denial that this error could be in their software. But it doesn't surprise me. All their technical talent left with Battle.net, and is now working on Guild Wars.

Other than that, it's a great game. Seriously! :) Stellar!

I'm going to buy the Collector's Edition just because I'm such a freak. And when I play it free for the first month, I'll report back on how awasome it surely is. I have yet to see the first time Blizzard ever let me down.

..if you dont buy it .. they cant let you down :-)

Amazing. can I expect to see more of this out of this world logic at ***** ***** website?

Did you know raw eggs are an abundant source of potentially deadly food poisoning agents such as salmonella and listeria?

eggs :tdown:

i got in a long time ago.. but i lost my cd key.. too busy playing everquest 2 anyways

i hate you ......

Open beta starts next week I believe so dont panic - tried my stress test 1 key and it dont work .. you have cross fileplanet's palms with silver to test this week :nuts:

Anyhooo cant wait - Stress Test 1 was (without exaggeration) 20 times the game that EQ2 is (only days before release) in terms of stability and content. If anyone else has been playing EQ2 beta I challenge you here and now to argue against that brave declaration :mrt:

Seriously EQ2 = EQ1 database tacked onto a new gfx engine which 80% of the gaming population will have to play on low detail anyway.... oh yah but less stable that EQ1 ;)