Squires

The Power of 45 Brains

"Welcome to the year 2145, [BRaIN 32]. In the face of ballooning human population, you and 44 other Biological Resource and Intelligence Networking System (acronym subject to change) have been tasked with constructing 45 Mega-Towers, where you will manage human power with the goal of preserving an acceptable percentage of human population."

Hello all,

I'm making a dystopia simulator. It's basically Civ Lite, where rather than overseeing an expanding global empire, you manage a single tower, constructing different sections of the building layer by layer. There's nothing revolutionary in the design at this point; just 3 resources (Money, Happiness, and Production) with a basic buildings/sections corresponding to each (Bank, Mall, and Factory). I have plenty ideas for other systems I want to integrate, such as random events deck that basically functions like Monopoly Chance cards, and buildings like Police Stations which will lower the chance of certain events like riots. Beyond that, we'll have to see how long implementing these elements takes.

P.S. Ok one bonus idea: I'm considering including a "character" select where you can choose your BRaIN. Anyone know if there's a list of the brains that were accounted for on Important if True?

Looks and sounds like a good idea. Your different sections remind me of Machi Koro a lot... but definitely not the same thing, just similar elements. 

Haven't really posted much, cuz well, progress hasn't been all that visually impressive. Basic menu functionality and gameplay systems are working now though. Hoping to clean up and organize the code a bit tomorrow so it'll be quick to add in more buildings and upgrades.

Ended up spending a significant amount of time this weekend trying to track down a memory leak, and have still been unable to find it. I'll see if I can solve it in the coming week, but this will probably end up turning into a post jam project.