Sign in to follow this  
thenexus6

What did you buy / how much did you spend in 2017?

Because I am a big nerd I thought it would be interesting to keep a record of the games I bought and completed  to look back on.

COMPLETED:

04/01 Batman: Arkham Knight

25/01 Watch Dogs 2

06/02 Mad Max

21/02 The Witness

27/02 Ghostbusters: The Video Game

03/03 Unravel

18/03 Horizon Zero Dawn

26/03 Dishonored 2 (stealth run)

27/03 Bound

25/04 Black Mesa

25/04 Headlander

20/05 Samorost 2

23/06 What Remains of Edith Finch

01/08 Night in the Woods

16/08 Samorost 3

24/08 Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Until Dawn

19/09 Dishonored Death of the Outsider

27/09 Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure

25/10 Kathy Rain

19/12 Homefront

31/12 Halo Wars

PURCHASED: 

13/01 Watch Dogs 2 £20

06/02 Siege Season Two £25

22/02 Unravel £3.99

05/03 Horizon Zero Dawn £35

21/03 Headlander £5.69

22/03 Bound £6.39

11/04 Black Mesa £2

24/03 A Boy and His Blob £1

11/05 Machinarium £2.39

Samorost 2 £1.19

02/06 Deus Ex Mankind Divided Season Pass £9.99

22/06 What Remains of Edith Finch £13.66

Samorost 3 £6.71

Ori and the Blind Forest £7.49

01/07 GTA V £13

04/07 Terraria £3.49

12/07 Night in the Woods FREEEEEE (Birthday Gift)

31/07 Uncharted The Lost Legacy £22.85

24/08 Dishonored Death to the Outsider £15.25

29/08 The Flame and the Flood

Infested Planet

Human: Fall Flat

Verdun

Samorost 3

Warhammer End Times: Vermintide  £3.64

04/10 Forza Horizon 3 with Hot Wheels DLC £15

02/11 PS Plus £35.90

03/11 Shadow Tactics £3.50

08/11 Yakuza 0 £14

15/11 Starbound £3.96

25/11 GMOD £3.49

26/11 Virginia 69p

16/12 Day of Infamy £3.37

21/12 PUBG FREEEEEE (Christmas Gift)

23/12 Blizzard Mountain Expansion FREEEEEE (Christmas Gift) 

28/12 FTL £2.49

The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human £2.19

I completed quite a few games, I bought significantly less than normally. Was definitely more of a deal hunter in 2017.

What say you?

Purchased

02/09: XCOM2: War of the Chosen expansion. £34.99

26/09: Heat Signature (Supporter's Edition) £19.79

And then just in the Winter Sale:

27/12: Bayonetta

Getting Over It (with Bennett Foddy)

Opus Magnum                                        £27.22 (total for all three)

Completed:

Nothing. 

(I'm about 10 missions or so from completing my first run through of XCOM2:WotC, and only about 15% of the way into a "completely unlocked" galaxy in Heat Sig, having just had sudden lacks of time with both of them and never having picked up the unfinished campaigns. I didn't really progress any of the games I bought Winter last year; and I'm about 80% done in Opus Magnum, and barely 10% done with Getting Over It - I've not started Bayonetta yet.)

I've been playing fewer and fewer games over time, and buying even fewer than that - the last few years, the time over the winter holiday period has accounted for at least 30%, if not more, of my total gaming time over the year. I feel like I don't have enough time to even play the games I have, let alone buy more games - it's actively distressing to me that there's so much stuff that I want to play that I'll probably never have the chance to.

Bought: a pile of stuff

Completed 2017 titles: 15

Prey

Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Lone Echo

Super Mario Odyssey

Ultrawings

Night In The Woods

Freeways

Road Redemption

Conductor

Robo Recall

Little Nightmares

Star Trek: Bridge Crew

Kôna

The Long Dark Ep 1+2

Monumental Failure

Completed PS+ Games: 3 (y'know what, PS+? Not really worth it. I've already finished most games I wanna play on it.)

Life is Strange

Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry

Bound

Completed older games: 13

Final Fantasy XV

Shovel Knight

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

The Beginners Guide

POLLEN

Human Fall Flat

Year Walk

Technobabylon

Mafia 3

Satellite Reign

Hidden My Game By Mom!

The Witness

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Completed older VR games:  5

Superhot VR

Edge of Nowhere

Chronos

Adr1ft

I Expect You To Die

Completed Total: 36

edit: forgot about Bound, The Witness, and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. added those.

edit2: oh and also Monumental Failure, Final Fantasy XV and Shovel Knight.

I bought Doom / Wolfenstein TNO in last year's christmas sale, Axiom Verge and VA-11 HALL-A in the summer sale. Fired up VA-11 HALL-A once, but I had to stop playing before the point where it saved my progress so I never went back. Also bought a Capcom humble bundle (Resident Evil, DmC and some other junk).

The only game I finished this year was Super Metroid for maybe the 5th time, on my sister's SNES mini over the holiday break. It was also pretty much the only thing I played all year. The SNES mini that is, not just Metroid. Also played a bit of Super Mario World, which I still don't think controls well and Contra III (the top down levels suck too much). I might buy one of those for myself. Why isn't Chrono Trigger on it though?

edit: looking through my Steam history, the last game I bought on Steam that I also finished was Stanley Parable in late 2014

Oh, also bought ME:Andromeda but it was for my sister because she borrowed my PS4. Figured I'd play it at some point but now I doubt it.

2 hours ago, eot said:

I bought Doom / Wolfenstein TNO in last year's christmas sale, Axiom Verge and VA-11 HALL-A in the summer sale. Fired up VA-11 HALL-A once, but I had to stop playing before the point where it saved my progress so I never went back. Also bought a Capcom humble bundle (Resident Evil, DmC and some other junk).

VA-11 HALL-A is probably worth giving another shout to, just for the mechanics being interesting - but I did find that it didn't go as deep as I would have liked it to (late in development, they removed a timer which would have measured how long you took to make cocktails - which makes it a more pleasant, chilled, experience to play, but makes a mockery of most of the "tests" people set you, because you have all the time in the world to leaf through the in-game cocktail recipe book...).

I'll go back to it, I think I wasn't in the mood for what's essentially a VN at the time, and the first conversation with the journalist didn't grab me.

I bought a lot of games that I don't feel are really 'complete-able', especially the VR titles, which makes my list seem meager. I am getting better about not having a backlog of unplayed games. I think my most played game this year was Hearts of Iron 4 which I got in July of last year. When the China DLC comes out I will dive back into it. Ghost Recon Wildlands is also really fun despite having an awful story. It scratches my Rainbow Six Vegas 2 itch. The squad controls are not super advanced, but slowly marking and clearing a whole base of enemies without getting detected is very fun.

Finished:

Total Warhammer 2

#Archery

Full Throttle (I still remembered the solution to almost every puzzle)

Sniper Elite 4

Tacoma

Xenonauts

Assassins Creed Origins

Purchased:

Monumental Failure $10

Blood Bowl 2 $11

Genital Jousting $5

AudioShield $20

Total Warhammer DLC $55

#Archery $20

Call of the Starseed $12

Stellaris DLC $20

Full Throttle $12

Everything $12

Cities Skyline DLC $28

Star Trek Bridge Crew $50

Mountain $0.5

Sniper Elite 4 $40

Superhot VR $22

Sniper Elite 3 $12

Sky Rogue $7

L U N E $2

Shogun Total War $2

GORN $15

Tacoma $18

Total Warhammer 2 + DLC $77

Stardew Valley $15

Rez Infinite $20

Xenonauts $25

Heat Signature $13

Darkest Dungeon $10

Assassins Creed Origins $60

HITMAN DLC $7

Europa Universalis 4 DLC $7

Space Hulk + DLC $15

Castle Crashers $3

Crazy Fishing $8

Ghost Recon Wildlands $40

I bought a bunch of games from the Steam winter sale for up to $20, spending I think around $150+. Examples I can remembmer: Opus Magnum, Rime, Human: Fall Flat, Edith Finch, Grow Up.

Then on the last hour I decided to go with it and bought Assassin's Creed: Origin - I think the only AAA game for me this year, even at 30% off (I decided to limit myself to the demo of Prey). I just heard enough good things about it and the last drop was Jane Ng tweeting how she enjoyed the photo mode.