supasheep

Priority Businessing

It's a well known fact that high-powered Business People have too much to do to look up from their phones. By utilising the Power Of The Cloud, a new tart-up uses hi-tech AI to steer phone users as they walk to ensure they avoid lampposts, other pedestrians, and the like. It is set to revolutionise how people move around and save many lives from minor walking related injuries. 

However, actually creating an AI to steer people around was too complicated. The cheaper and easier solution was to hire someone to watch as Important Business People walk around and manually steer them away from each other. In this game, you will play one of these operators, guiding users to their correct destination without causing them to walk into the surroundings or each other.

I am envisaging this being a top-down 2D Flight Control type game, where the player has to guide phone users to their correct destinations. I've played about with Unity a bit in the past and might do so again but I have very little game dev experience so I am open to trying out other things. I saw LÖVE suggested somewhere else and that looks relatively simple to use so that is also tempting. I'm also not sure how much time I'll be able to put in between family Christmas things and the work I should be doing for university, but I'm hoping this should be a good diversion! 

This is a really great idea, are you going to do the old path control system, where you select a business man and then draw a little line for them to go down?

As far as game dev exp goes, do you have much coding experience? Unity is a good entry if you have a bit.

This is a fun idea! As myth said, Unity is pretty easy to slip into if you have coding experience and you've used it before. You could also try gamemaker as a good 2D solution.

Another game engine recommendation: check out PICO-8 if you are looking into Love. The tight constraints of the engine may help keeping your work in scope.