Ben X

[Release] The Robot's Lips

EDIT: it's an itchio! https://timegentleman.itch.io/the-robots-lips

With only a few days left of the jam, some people from the Team Seeking/Recruiting threads have gathered together to make a small game. "The Robot's Lips" will be (subject to any further design changes!) a single-screen platformer where you play as a robot convincing wary humans to love you, with the power of kisses. Possible robophobe cameos include the Idle Thumbs and Will Smith from I, Robot.

The team:

Atlantic (music)

Driadon (coding)

DyslexiaKills (coding)

ValorianEndymion (art)

Vehementa (art)

We're all pitching in on design.

Nice! Traditional, fashionably late Ben X jam project. Jamvengers Assemble, excited to see what you all dream up together.

Yep indeed, Atlantic's made us some cool avant-garde music including that piece! (Have edited them into the OP.)

With 18 hours left, work continues on the systems and art while I gather together some sound effects and a title screen. Hopefully we'll get a little time for polish at the end. It'll be quite a small game but it's already looking really cute!

Here's a gif from a couple of days ago when we put some initial stuff together:

xM5vlM7.gif

It's an itchio! https://timegentleman.itch.io/the-robots-lips

I'm really happy how well this came together in 4 days. We got a nice little platformer going with a few different enemy types, and it looks and sounds lovely.

There are apparently a couple of little bugs in there, though I haven't encountered them, and one (rare) game-stopper (if one of the end-level enemies run offscreen you'll have to restart).

It takes about 3 minutes to play through, so give it a go!

Thumbnail.png

This was a blast to work on. I haven't had a last minute game jam come together so well. Props to everyone on the team, we sure wouldn't have been able to get this out so fast without everyone!

I agree, it was really cool to work with a team!

We're discussing the possibility of polishing/remaking this, which would be exciting (but this will likely be a while off in the future).

Cute graphics, chill music---overall very soothing. The last couple games I played were intense, so this was a welcome interlude. Congrats on the end-of-jam power move.