I just played this and enjoyed it a lot. Here's a few points of feedback:

• It seemed like most of the customer's afflictions referred to only one ingredient in the inventory, but I got more impressive particle effects when mixing ingredients, so it wasn't really clear what the intended way to make cures was. I think the feedback at the moment you apply the cure could be clearer.
  • It was a bit cumbersome to have to pick up the recipe book every time to look up the ingredients. It might be easier to have the list just show up as a sort of menu when you press a button, or to have the list hanging on a wall so you just have to look over.
  • I don't agree that it is 'more than unfinished'. I didn't notice any big bugs with physics and such, and I actually tried dropping ingredients out of bounds, but they just respawned, so there was no way to get 'stuck'. The framing of the game is also pretty well done, with the opening zoom in, the book, and the part where you sign your name at the end.

Overall, I think this game is really impressive for having been made in two weeks. Good job!

Thanks for the feedback folks. Im going to make a list out of everyone's suggestions and knock it all down. 

Sooo with the jam weekend behind us I now have to decide whether to put more work into this thing or abandon it. 

On the one hand I have a ton of other game ideas I want to start working on.

On the other i'd like this to be a fully fleshed out thing worth playing. 

... I don't know. I'll do a few more updates and then we'll see. 

Anyway.

This update I got the monkey paw working! 

If your unsure what the customer wants try the monkey paw.  You can use it three times until it.. err.. nevermind. 

Unlike an actual monkeypaw there is currently no drawback per wish, but I may change that in the future. If I do include a drawback mechanism Im thinking on a larger scale than just customer. Maybe it makes you deaf, maybe slows time, maybe makes you colorblind. Im not sure. Probably random roll something. 

Iv also done a bunch of tuning. Iv read all the feedback and while I haven't addressed it all yet its been invaluable. 

Image result for monkey's paw

https://doodlebear.itch.io/thewizard

I just watched Phill playing this on his stream and I had to come by and say how impressed I was. It says on the itch page that this is your first game and like...really? There's an attention to detail in it that really shows a really strong understanding of how to make a relatively simple concept like this engaging to players, it has a consistent (and well executed) visual style, and a polished beginning/middle/end. And I think it's quite well scoped too, which new developers frequently miscalculate. Well done!!!

Hey thanks Dino 😊  Iv putzed around on unity but this was the first project I got past the base stuff and actually finished. Also thanks for streaming Phil, watching people play is sooo useful for ironing out the crud. 👍

This game is great, such Papers Please-vibe, I really enjoyed it, jankiness and all. For a first game, it's pretty damn impressive.