Jake

Something True 6: Häxprocesser

Something True 6:

Something True 6

Häxprocesser
Who was this mysterious boy from the city of Gävle? Johan came to Stockholm in 1676, an orphan. His mother had been executed. Executed because Johan accused her of being a witch. And he was just getting started. Stockholm was in trouble. Trouble with a capital T. And that rhymed with G... which stood for Gävle Boy.

Read a full transcript of this episode on the Something True website.

Follow Something true on Twitter @atruepodcast. (Or just follow Duncan and Alex.)

Music on this week’s episode:
Jahzzar – No-End Ave*
Caligine – Mε Πιάνουνε Ζαλάδες
Josh Spacek – Six Weeks to Live
Advent Chamber Orchestra – How Beautiful are the Feet (Handel)*
Fabrizio Paterlini – Profondo Blu*
Weinland – People Like You*

*modified for the podcast.

Haha.. I haven't listened to the episode yet, but saw Gävle mentioned in the description and hoped that the show would reference the ridiculous Christmas goat thing. 

Our town wanted to put a huge Christmas goat in the style of Gävle goat for some reason last Christmas also. It didn't come as a surprise to me that two idiots went during one Saturday night and burned it. They were recorded on surveillance tape, though I don't know if they were caught because I didn't follow the news enough after that.

Regarding the episode, once again excellently written and performed.

On 5/2/2017 at 3:09 AM, osmosisch said:

I heartily recommend also taking a gander at the wikipedia page for the Gavle goat:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gävle_goat

The exploits trying to destroy the thing are great reading as well.

"On the night of 23 December before 04:00 the South Merchant goat was set on fire and was burned to the frame, even though it had a thick layer of snow on its back.The goat had two online webcams which were put out of service by a DoS attack, instigated by computer hackers just before the burning."

Gävle Boy would be proud...