10 hours ago, TychoCelchuuu said:

fuck. We need to find the next thing. AR Blair Witches?

The campers wake up to find QR codes hanging from the trees.

The build-up of Never Hike Alone is fine (I like the mundane details of his hiking blog, like the sponsored ad read), but I thought when it came time to actually be a horror movie it felt clumsy and when the only real connection to the Friday the 13th movies is a big dumb crowd-pleasing cameo the whole enterprise just feels cynical to me.

Now, the group of teenagers who adapted one of the Friday the 13th young adult novels from the 90's almost word for word, those are some F13 fans I can get behind:

Post-apocalyptic drone graveyard where you have to puzzle together what happened from found footage.

[edit] wait, I confused a movie with a computer game CD-ROM

Just spent almost the whole day adding my local Film Festival as a list of lists to Letterboxd

https://letterboxd.com/t4ffer/list/poff-2017/

I wish there was an easier way of doing it and better way to present it on Letterboxd. Also that all the submitters would already add their film to IMDB and TheMovieDB. I haven't added anything to IMDB because I never tried and don't know how hard it is, but I did have to add about 20 films to TheMovieDB because that's what Letterboxd uses for importing films.

Also a lot of trouble with that importing. I think it somehow expects the data to "settle" before it works really well, but since I'm going list by list, I only start adding the movie to the DB if I'm already going through the list and find that it's missing. Then I add some essential data, and go to the import URL in Letterboxd. But usually some data ends up missing, like language, director, year, poster. And I have no idea why that is, except that I think if I waited some minutes before importing, it worked better. But I don't want to do that while editing a list, because then I have to use some buffer to remember where to add this movie once it's been imported. Maybe I should report this to letterboxd...

Also I wish TheMovieDB imported some things from IMDB since you usually enter the IMDB id as a first thing anyway...

I mostly run into 3 people's ratings and reviews on Letterboxd who seem to watch or have watched a lot of the same films as I have:

PatrickRipoll - from here (used to be), good well-argued reviews, I don't always agree though. Also I follow Patrick's co-hosts from Director's Club podcast, but they don't seem to write reviews there.

MikeMariano - also from here. Really interesting ratings that usually seem to go against the consensus. I wish you also wrote more reviews, @mikemariano !

hamburgersplash - I thought they were from here, but search doesn't reveal. So I can't remember how I started following them, but as I'm watching world cinema they are almost always ahead of me with a one sentence review (and no rating).

[edit] ah, realized that I probably followed hamburgerslash because he made a popular list https://letterboxd.com/hamburgersplash/list/weirdo-watchlist/

[edit2] oh and I forgot the 4th one I mostly run into: Sean Baker, the director of Tangerine and The Florida Project. He seems to watch a lot of movies and actively logs them with some comments. He usually avoids giving an opinion, though, which I guess is understandable viewpoint for a director of popular movies.