Sign in to follow this  
sclpls

Into the Breach (new game from the FTL folks)

Looks really neat. If anyone can make a game like this really great it's the FTL guys. Thanks for the link!

(You're missing an "L" at the end of your URL by the way)

It looks more to me like a Pacific Rim mod of XCOM I had been asking for, I hope my expectations aren't setting me up for a fall.

On 2/10/2017 at 4:50 PM, cakedotavi said:

Looks really neat. If anyone can make a game like this really great it's the FTL guys. Thanks for the link!

(You're missing an "L" at the end of your URL by the way)

Fixed, thnx

Looks wonderful. Some interesting mechanics in that video, like the tsunami waves that hit all tiles and the dam that can flood the tiles in front of it. FTL was fantastic and i cant wait to see what these guys do with a turn-based game.

Really good piece on RPS today about this - it opens with this little nugget:

Within a couple of minutes of sitting down with Justin Ma and a build of his new game, Into the Breach [official site], preconceptions are torn to shreds. Ma is one half of the team behind FTL and when Into the Breach was announced, I wasn’t alone in thinking it looked like tactical skirmisher Advance Wars, with added monsters. It is that game, to an extent, but its most notable feature isn’t tied to the setting at all – it’s that this is a tactical combat game in which the enemy is entirely predictable. Everything is explained below, but in short, this might be the smartest turn-based design I’ve seen since Invisible, Inc.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/01/into-the-breach-details-preview/