Roderick

in-movie question about Shaun

In Resident Evil they were quite dead, I remember you could see the zombie dogs ribcage, and I doubt you could see that on living creature...

Ok, you could, buy it would be a living creature about to die... :shifty:

I haven't seen 28 days but that "instant" zombie thing does seem completely against the zombie lore...

I don't think 28 Days Later ever referred to them as zombies, though, did they? It's sort of a "zombie movie" in terms of structure and theme, but I don't think the movie ever used the term.

I agree except for the having to be risen by magic, that's fine, but I also like something not really explained like Romero's movies.

Well that's really the cool thing about it: Romero never explains just what is happening. I don't want to know if it's a virus or a curse or if it came from a monkey or was bioengineered... who cares? The less you know, the more timeless it gets.

Anyway, I'm also oldfashioned when it comes to zombies. They must die first. If it's a virus that kills them and returns them, fine. But none of that rabies thing.

Chris is right, the zombies in 28 days later are not zombies. The word is never used in the film, nor in the marketing. Everyone just identifies it with zombie movies.

I think the big change in the depiction of zombies came when the focus moved away from individual zombies that were a source of terror by themself (Frenkenstein) to the zombie epidemic scenario (Night of the Living Dead). The subtexts are completely different. While individual zombies are about fear of madness and death, zombie epidemics are based on the more modern fear of crowds, and of being lost in a sea of faces.

As for chopping off infected parts - watch the very beginning of Brain Dead :lol:

Chris is right, the zombies in 28 days later are not zombies. The word is never used in the film, nor in the marketing. Everyone just identifies it with zombie movies.

I think the big change in the depiction of zombies came when the focus moved away from individual zombies that were a source of terror by themself (Frenkenstein) to the zombie epidemic scenario (Night of the Living Dead). The subtexts are completely different. While individual zombies are about fear of madness and death, zombie epidemics are based on the more modern fear of crowds, and of being lost in a sea of faces.

As for chopping off infected parts - watch the very beginning of Brain Dead :lol:

I've never seen the movie, but I guess you're right, "The Crazies" are never refered as zombies but it's considered a zombie flick since it's made by Romero and it's zombie like....

Eww... I forgot about that Brain Dead scene...

Danny Boyle (28DL's director) went on record saying it is NOT a zombie movie.

Oh, and in Day Of The Dead, one character manges to survive turning into a zombie from a bite by amputating his arm then quarterising (spelling?) the wound. We don't get to see whether this would have worked for more than a few days though...

Cauterising?

Yeah, that's probably it. Dammit Remo, I'm a tape-monkey, not a doctor.

:eek:

Good news: Woah! Shaun of the Dead has made it to Spain!

Bad news: They renamed it Zombies Party (A night... to die for) :frusty:

You mean they renamed it into another English name, or is it Zombies Party in Spanish? Either way I think it's stupid :P Shaun of the Dead is such a hilarious pun.

You mean they renamed it into another English name, or is it Zombies Party in Spanish? Either way I think it's stupid :P Shaun of the Dead is such a hilarious pun.

Zombie Party is how they'll call Shaun of the Dead here....

It's utterly ridicoulous! It's still in English, so they can't use the "people won't know what the title means", but...

A zombie is called zombie anywhere , althogh some of us here call them zombis without the "e", and "party" is a word almost everybody...

But I still think it's a stupid title, specially when there are no parties in the movie.... :shifty:

About the zombies arguement, I'm old fashioned to the point where zombies are lumbering dead bodies resurected by something, magic or otherwise and may or may not have goals. In other words, I'm a Night of the living dead era man.

While this thread is still knocking about, perhaps it's a good time to ask about Evon. What was her purpose in it? I didn't really understand why she was in the movie...