dl_teaser.png

V late to the party, but so are the meadhall's visitors, so.... it's cool, I'll just shun all other commitments until Sunday.

"Blag the lingo quickhaste to keep your patrons happy, or you'll be out on your backarse."

Well, that's me sold.

Hi thank you!

dead_letters_level_1.png

New special features...

• floating booze bottles
  • three clueless barista-maids
  • customers that know their order, AND whether or not you got it right
  • a free-to-use runic font
  • hastily (and probably inaccurately) translated old norse
  • no furniture yet. who needs furniture?

Diversifiers:

I think I managed the following...

Dead to language - not only is language a central component, but it's a dead language too.

Shallow copy - it's a restaurant manager game with no time pressure or resource management. Really it would benefit from these, but there y'are.

Tone control - audio feedback from customers, in the form of expressive grunts.

This is fun! I mastered Old Norse quite quickly, and now consider myself fluent. I also like the art and the win/lose screens.

Also, do you think you'll be able to put the game on itch.io? That way you can add it to the official Wizard Jam page: https://itch.io/jam/wizard-jam-2016. Since the deadline has passed, you'll have to send a message to zerofiftyone, and he can add it for you.

Yeah, if you host the game on itch.io and then send me the game page link, I can get it added to the Wizard Jam page. :)

I kept choosing the right drinks entirely by chance, so I wasn't sure if I was doing it right or not but eventually I worked it out. Cute.

The graphics are so great, I love the Barista's face. There's a really cool concept here with the deciphering runes that could totally be investigate further. Great work!