Sign in to follow this  
Bjorn

Cows in Space! A MoO thread

There's probably something Alan Tudyk can't sell me on, but I haven't seen it yet.

This does remind me that I bought Galactic Civilizations III while it was in early access and have still pretty much not played it, though.

With Stellaris on the horizon I am not sure I will be buying another space 4x game. I do have a lot of love for MoO 2.

I've actually drifted pretty far away from space 4x games over the years, to the point that I haven't done more than just mess around now and again, but I havne't finished a campaign of anything in many years.  MoO2 has a pretty special place in my heart though, with all night lan games of it against one of my old roomies.  If he picks it up, I think it will be no question that I'll give it a go. 

I've played a little! I haven't formed much of an opinion yet, but I will say that it runs really well on a laptop with Intel HD 520 graphics, and it looks good.

I mean, it's the kind of game that should target crappy systems, but you never know.

The only version on the Steam store currently is the Collector's Edition, which comes with MoO 1-3 as well.

I remember picking up moo2 from gog when it showed up there and thinking to myself "god damn I used to be able to beat this game wtf even the easiest difficulty is wrecking me." I am just dumber or have less patience than I did as a kid; the former seems more probable.