Sign in to follow this  
kaputt

Quantum Break coming to PC

During a recent press trip where the Windows edition was confirmed, Remedy did not offer any details on the port. It is unclear whether the PC game was developed in-house at the Finnish studio, or if another developer was involved.

Quantum Break's PC edition is the latest in Microsoft's wider push to expand its games across console and PC. Games currently in development for both platforms includes Gears of War 4, ReCore, Scalebound, and Fable Legends.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/quantum-break-pc-version-confirmed/1100-6434694/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

Just saw this at Neogaf. Amazing move by Microsoft, it's great to know that they care about PC gaming that much. I also believe it's a decision that makes sense business-wise, they haven't been able to secure better sales for XB1 even releasing more exclusives than the PS4, it's better to have better sales overall for these games then.

Will definetely get Scalebound and Quantum Break.

Article's already been "corrected". Scalebound and GOW4 are not coming to PC.

They care about PC gaming so much that it's only going to be available on Windows 10. Because that worked out so well when they "cared" about PC gaming in 2007 and made Halo 2 a Vista exclusive.

Windows 10 is better than any previous Windows, though, and it's still free to upgrade from 7 or 8.

Article's already been "corrected". Scalebound and GOW4 are not coming to PC.

Shit, that's disappointing. Here's hoping Scalebound eventually arrives on PC then, love Platinum's titles.

Windows store lololol.

I'm pretty hyped for this game. It does look generic as hell, can't really argue with that, but Remedy's never let me down. Alan Wake was one of the most surprising games to me when I finally got around to it. Definitely was not expecting to fall in love with it as hard as I did.

Hope it comes to Steam eventually. D:

Having the game be Windows 10 and Windows store exclusive reeks of the GFW era. I am utterly unconvinced that Microsoft will make Quantum Break a pleasant experience to play on PC.

It just pisses me off how much Microsoft is ruining what could be beautiful on PC. I understand that they are trying to force through their shitty Win10 shop interface or whatever, but why not just release all the Xbox games normally for Win7/8/10?

I heard even the Forza Win10 gimped version is some shitty port that doesn't support wheels or SLI, forces v-sync on, doesn't even have multiplayer apparently.

Looks like I'll never get to play Quantum Break, but it doesn't matter that much. It looks like in the trailers and gameplay videos the most boring, generic and bland Remedy game so far so it won't be a huge issue for it to be the first Remedy game I won't play.

I just hope that Alan Wake 2 comes properly to PC since Remedy owns the AW IP.

It just pisses me off how much Microsoft is ruining what could be beautiful on PC. I understand that they are trying to force through their shitty Win10 shop interface or whatever, but why not just release all the Xbox games normally for Win7/8/10?

In fairness, the limit to Windows 10 is the one part of this that isn't just strategy. DirectX 12 currently only works on Windows 10.

Looks like I will get to play Quantum Break after all!

Boooom!

https://twitter.com/remedygames/status/763398340667113472

Quantum Break is coming to Steam, DX11 and Windows 7. I sense already that this will be the best running version of the game. Release date 14th September 2016.

Also Nordic Games is releasing a special collector's edition on PC with all kinds of goodies inside.

http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/article/nordic_games_to_retail_special_edition_of_quantum_break_for_pc

E: I'm actually sorry for the Win10 UWP buyers of QB since according to Microsoft they need to buy the game again in Steam if they want the better working version. Win10 version will not receive any updates according to Remedy.

And now there's confirmation that, just like the Win10 version, all the FMV is going to be streamed with no option to download it (like you can on XBOne). Guess Remedy just really doesn't want to sell me a game.

Sounds fantastic when you're on crap-ass broadband like me. Surely to god the lack of some people's connection quality hasn't been overlooked? Or do they just get horrendously compressed rubbish?

And now there's confirmation that, just like the Win10 version, all the FMV is going to be streamed with no option to download it (like you can on XBOne). Guess Remedy just really doesn't want to sell me a game.

But surely it does, hence Quantum Beakr coming to Steam less than 6 months after its W10 debut.

Curious that the video isn't at least an optional download though...

I had this gifted to me for Christmas and I want to like it more than I can, but the design is just so bad at times and I don't understand it at all. The main problem for me is the checkpoints. At one point I had to complete a button mashing sequence to move a bookshelf and then walk through a few rooms about 5 times because that's the checkpoint for the fight that starts after you do those simple bits that you can't possibly die at. Why have the checkpoint there!? It's not the only time I've had this happen, another one had me repeat a(admittedly brief) cutscene every time I hit the checkpoint but I just don't understand why you'd choose to have a player replay sections where you can't due to get back to the one they can die at.

The other issue is that the combat has terrible feedback for numerous reasons. The chief one for me is that it's difficult to tell where enemies are, they blend too well into the scenery and it makes picking them out at a distance not easy. Another is that enemies seem to soak up a lot of bullets, a pet hate of mine already but sometimes it seems like they have regenerating health as well with the amount of bullets they take while they move between cover. Then there's telling that you're getting hit, I find it's one of those games where death comes fast because you had no idea you were in danger. I've been darting about just find and then suddenly I drop dead and it often seems to be because the effects from my powers are drawn over the effects from taking damage so I don't notice that I'm getting hit.

Speaking of the powers, they're fun, they're fine I guess but they're so simple. I can time warp to dodge getting hit, I can set up a shield to block bullets and I can freeze time in a small spot. Like I said they're all fine but when you compare them to something like Dishonored, they're rather mundane and don't really take advantage of the time mechanic at all. I'd rather if my time dodge ability was something where time froze and I picked a spot to go to. I wish my time freeze mechanic was something other than a way to fill an enemy with bullets so he dies faster. I wish the bullet shield was more than a rather dull shield. For game that's about time travel and controlling the flow of time it really doesn't explore it very much as a game mechanic. Even the puzzles which use it resort to a press Y to make a thing be in a state so you can jump on/pass by it most of the time.

I think the graphics and art are incredible and the story so far is interesting and the TV show parts surprisingly work, but the gameplay is just so frustrating and pedestrian. I'll carry on with it but I'm seeing now why this never made a big splash.

On 2/11/2016 at 11:46 PM, kaputt said:

...Here's hoping Scalebound eventually arrives on PC then, love Platinum's titles.

Oh well. Scalebound has been cancelled so it's not coming to any machine. I wonder what is Kamiya going to do now? Already working on some Switch project perhaps?

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/9/14216246/scalebound-canceled-xbox-one-pc-platinum-microsoft

Kamiya is reportedly taking a break from work due to mental health issues. ):