Well, I wonder if there's a more elegant way than that, even; some way of making it clear which clickable will end a scene and maybe making it a double-click or something?

Yeah, if there was differently styled clickables that could be helpful. You could have different looks to indicate whether one actually progresses or leads to a panel that loops back to where you started.

I have tidied up the art and text in this - I originally used jpegs with horrible artefacting, and the in-editor text balloons which were still in alpha and not really working properly - so if it was a bit too ugly for you to play before, it's all nice and Lucassed up now. I have also added in my most recent jam comic as an optional branch to jump in and out of, and copied out the now-polished Often-Ending Story branch as a standalone comic. So:

The Often-Ending Story: Graphical Edition

A Very Pretty Pipe-Dream or Memeify McCree or A Chill Hell

Blue Hag Christmas all polished up with the other two games as optional sections

BHC's edit now looks like this:

adYk0UH.png

Hooray, thanks brkl! Did you play either of the other games, either within BHC or on their own?

Yeah, I played the Often-Ending Story, but I didn't realize it was originally separate. That explains why it didn't have anything to do with the plot. I was thinking it was kind of clue for a bit.  

Ah, well I started it as practice while Cwine got up and running, then I accidentally spent so much of the jam time on it I didn't want to waste it so I finished it and stuck it into BHC! I only separated it out a couple of weeks ago (as per my update post above). The existence of it in BHC is tied to the story but there aren't actually any clues within it.

Anyway, I'm in the process of making an incredibly indulgent and boring set of dev-play vids for them so you'll be able to hear the entire story in excruciating detail soon enough!

The Often-Ending Story got a let's play!

The dev-play vids haven't got any further in the 5 months since the previous post, partly because of life upheavals and partly because they're too indulgent and boring even for me to bear listening to.

I was digging through my hard drive and found the completed dev commentary video for this! I don't know why I didn't upload it, probably because the audio was awful and I was considering redoing it. Well nuts to that, I've uploaded it, put some proper subtitles on and even made an (intentionally) awful thumbnail. I genuinely do not recommend this, it's very boring and has shockingly low production values.