Marek

Katamari Damacy trailer

I almost feel bad not likeing the intro, concidering all the people raveing about it. It annoys the hell out of me.

It's like The Beatles meets Monty Python or something. Awesome!

If Salon called you up and interviewed you would you shut up about Trapezoid? He is a decently talented guy, even if the animutations are pretty derivitive from a certain point of view.

It always annoyed me that he got all that recognition for his 'animutations' and not his music, which actually has the advantage of being very good.

(Ooh, get me)

How much of his music have you listened to? I'm no big fan of his animations, but he's clearly a fairly talented musician and producer, especially considering he does all the elements of the music himself.

EDIT: Argh, I totally misread your post and thought you said "It always annoyed me that he got all that recognition for his 'animutations' and his music, which actually has the advantage of not being very good."

I mentally moved the "not" to the wrong place. Why? I'M AN IDIOT.

Hehe. :) It was a poorly constructed sentence anyway - I knew as soon as I typed it but I couldn't be arsed to fix it. Go me!

His music is very good (at least Michael Land told him how much he liked it!), but while his 'animutations' aren't really bad, it does seem unfair that he got a lot of recognition (albeit fleeting) for something that was probably more of an accidental success.

There, I said the same thing again for no reason. Hmm. :)

I agree!
You are hereby promoted to the Idle Thumbs Yes-Man position, up until now left vacant.

Yeah, I've had my own brush with animutation or whatever it's called. I did that in two weeks flat -- and abandoned all of my uni work in the process. I must say though, I got more out of the two weeks from mucking around in Flash then I did out of that entire computer course. Not to mention that song is STILL stuck in my head.

I absolutely love Katamari Damacy, or as it's known around the office, "Calamari Dalmation". We had the Japanese version brought in for Game of the Week, and it was so popular that people have been begging for it to return. So, as soon as I get the English version, it's going to get an encore performance. I bought the soundtrack, too! It's hilarious to listen to while smashing into cars in Burnout 3.

This looks like one of the most original and fun games I've seen in a long time...

Which means, of course, that Europe will never get his game.... :frusty:

;( :\