Sign in to follow this  
Cordeos

Just Cause 3

Looks like there isn't a thread for this upcoming masterpiece yet. Just cause 2 was such a pretty, over the top action movie simulation. I am so excited to do it all again on a new island.

Rico ain't messing around with just destroying minor infrastructure this time, he's gonna leave the place ruined!

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/29/9067345/just-cause-3-rico-video-developer-diary-nuke-wingsuit-grapling-hook-gameplay

Its really cool to hear the devs say things like the modding community is usually right. I also appreciate the understanding of making traveling the open world interesting. If you are going to spend a lot of time traveling, make it fun or your game will suffer.

I keep forgetting this is coming out this year. I should probably take some time to play around a little more in Just Cause 2. I came to it much after the fact and only put an hour or so in.

I keep forgetting this is coming out this year. I should probably take some time to play around a little more in Just Cause 2. I came to it much after the fact and only put an hour or so in.

JC2 is one of my favorite games, saw a really cool video recently where they walked across the whole map. It took five hours.

I am optimistic about JC3, but I never got the hang of the controls of JC2. They were just too esoteric and specified compared to other 3rd person action, I wasn't able to remap, and it never clicked after a couple of hours. I'm hoping they've improved the control scheme so I can get crazy with the rest of the Just Cause world.

You finished fallout 4 already?! I only had 1 week of vacation :/

So JC3 will have to wait a little while

I'm pretty excited for this, JC2 was one of my favorites of last gen and this looks like it's improving on the formula in all the right ways. The wingsuit looks like a blast, and the environments look a lot more varied than JC2.

You finished fallout 4 already?! I only had 1 week of vacation :/

So JC3 will have to wait a little while

I haven't finished fallout 4, but I am on the final stretch in terms of the main storyline. Still a lot to do. I have almost totally ignored settlements which are a major time sync.I will probably have cooled on FO4 enough that JC3 will be a refreshing little break.

JC2 has been a nice break in Fallout binges so far, except for the lack of reasonable checkpoints and a huge map that you fly across, die, then have to fly across a second time.

The controller binds for JC2 are awful. In fact, they're about as bad as Fallout 4's MKB setup. And they both commit the cardinal sin of not allowing you to remap the setup to your liking. It's criminal, really.

Has Avalanche released PC specs? I can't seem to find anything official from the quick Google search I did.

The controller binds for JC2 are awful. In fact, they're about as bad as Fallout 4's MKB setup. And they both commit the cardinal sin of not allowing you to remap the setup to your liking. It's criminal, really.

Has Avalanche released PC specs? I can't seem to find anything official from the quick Google search I did.

PC Minimum System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i3-560 3.3GHz

AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940

Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660

AMD GPU Radeon R7 240 v2 2GB

RAM 2GB

OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)

DirectX 11

HDD Space 15 GB

Recommended System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz

AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz

Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770

AMD GPU Radeon R9 290

RAM 4GB

OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)

DirectX 11

HDD Space 15 GB

Are they? I haven't had any problems.

I don't remember them being too bad, although I think I was mostly impressed with how smoothly JC2 handled switching between gamepad and M/KB, which wasn't very common at the time.

Some of the button placement is bad and there's no option for remapping them. Left trigger for grenades is such a wasted opportunity--it should have been ADS or your grappling device.

RB is sprint for some strange reason.

Just let me remap the buttons (or maybe MS will come through and the Xbox app will let me do it myself in W10), please.

There'd better be a super volcano or earthquake machine I can set off to destroy the island entirely. Rico doesn't leave a job half-done!

Or a nation half-destroyed!

Played for a couple hours, and I really want to play more, but there's something up with the PC version. My system's a hair or two below the recommended specs, but even with every graphics option cranked to low/off, I'm getting extremely choppy, hitching framerates as soon as things start going nuts.

There is a day-0 patch that is supposed to fix some issues. The game got unlocked early accidentally I guess. So far I have enjoyed the game, I am still trying to get the hang of grapple wing suit as it often ends with me face planting. The biggest change I have noticed is the updated plane controls, I want to track down a fighter jet and see how they handle. Super happy they made it easy to find that last destructible object you need to liberate an area. I haven't dug into the challenges much yet, will probably do that tomorrow. I like the leaderboard concept, will probably be less fun when everyone gets the game, but playing right after launch it was cool to keep competing with the same people for the top spot.

The water looks a lot nicer.
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/642123563609836023/8133A7AA246578D22898D16FC412E4B1B0CAF937/

I'm using controller because the way the grappling, wingsuit, etc. work seems like it'd be more difficult with m+k. As for performance, Korax, I'm getting some issues too. A couple of quick fixes I've heard are to get the latest game-ready driver from nVidia (if you have an nVidia card) and to start the game with Steam in offline mode. Apparently it's making a lot of calls to servers and it can be a bit problematic for performance.

Additionally, this guide is good for figuring out which options have the biggest performance versus image quality impact.