N1njaSquirrel

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Also, thanks for the help last nigh. Jeez but gore magala frightens the shit out of me when he goes all purple:/

I wasn't complaining at you! Just how all Monhun stuff is written for people who already know the basics. 

That's fine, it was fun. I'm still irritated that you can't get an increased HR by helping with quests. Only by being the one who instigates them.

So looking through that list, in general sharpness, readiness, edge master and brutality seem like generically good stuff for both IG and LS (with the obvious Attack/Defence also). For the particular fight I'm on, Fire resist and poison resist would also help. 

At least it is only for the urgents that you have to inexplicably do it one by one. We can totally do your 2star quests some night. I just like fighting the monsters!

I'd never seen one of those tigrexs before. He was pretty, until he lost his tail. Muhahaha.

If you read the gaijen hunter stuff, sometimes he says stuff like "i'll try to put it into terms lay people can understand". I enjoy that so much, MH is his calling and he is high priest.

It's sad, but they're just too easy now! Caravan 8/9 have been challenging, I don't know whether I should work on getting my HR up so I can do some fun multiplayer, or whether I should focus on downing all the caravans.

I still have an issue with the game in that I feel like I'm playing Dark Souls. Every time I die to a monster, I don't think - shit I need gear x or gear y, it's always, I should be able to beat this. I need to stop making mistakes. 

Not sure if that's the right attitude, as I've not really farmed anything, but a lot of other forums I've read I see people farming monsters 30+ times for gear.

I think the 30x kills are probably for high level stuff. If you are that invested then 30x kills probably ins't the end of the world. I can't see myself getting to that point. I think i killed, maybe 4-5 of the spiders to get the poison res gear. it was actually fun, caus i could see myself improving, and you can switch up your weapons and use a weapon you are worse with on a boss you are familiar with.

Yeah I was using the LS I made because the IG feels awkward in multiplayer. 

Maybe I need to take my devotion to the next level and watch some pros wielding the IG to get some ideas. 

LS is banned in MP as a lot of your necessary attacks to big giant fucking sweeps that knock your teammates over^^ I didn't mind:P

IG is super popular in MP.

Was your LS causing sleep as well? We put them to sleep a lot, but i think we messed it up ever time! I carry bombs with me as my S&S causes sleep, but i kept missing it:/

Weird, I thought the IG was kinda annoying in MP because I'm constantly missing with the kinsect due to monster aggro moving around all the time. I prefer the IG anyway!

And no, my LS had explosion damage.

What the point in putting the monster to sleep? Doesn't it just regain health?

When a monster is asleep the next attack you do does triple damage and wakes it up. You generally drop a big bomb beside him and try to detonate it so you hit for mega damage.

They regen health really slowly.

Never really bothered figuring out the elemental stuff. I've just gone for the highest raw damage I can find to beat the shit out of a monster quickly, rather than messing around with stuff like that.

Again, I have the Dark Souls mentality where I feel like I should just win by being competent at combat.

MH deffo has more of an overhead on that sort of stuff, but i found DS to have a fair bit as well. I was getting pounded on by a boss and had to use a guide to lead me to some cave that i ran around screaming in order to get some specific armour to help me out. We did fine last night ignoring the sleeps anyhow:P Like a lot of mechanics, they are there to help you maximise your damage, but not doing them you will probably be alright. Like, were you charging up your blade to red levels last night? I deffo saw it white.

Yeah I got it to red no problem. I was risking damage to get the buff too!

With the IG, I never know whether I should focus on getting buffs before dishing out damage, it seems like once I get one buff, I can combo, so that should be enough and the others are just bonuses.

If you get over 10 in a resistance you become immune to that particular blight, so 10 in fire res will stop you getting set on fire.

Just to clarify: getting 10 fire res will not stop you getting fire blight, but it'll reduce the time you are on fire (unless you roll, which puts it out, and is generally quicker). 20 fire res resists all fire blight. This is the same for all elemental blights (fire, water, electric, ice, dragon). However, when you set decorations in fire res, you have to reach a number of mini points in order to get a boost in fire res. The number of skill points needed to activate something is 10, and then if the skill allows it, additional skill points will increase that skill by more. For example, fire res decorations gives you +10 to your fire res when you get to 10 points, and +15 when you get to 15 points.

You can see what the skills you have on your current armour are by going to your stats, and then going left until theere's a table of numbers. This is your skill table. You can see what each skill does by pressing y or x, I can't remember.

Also as a starting set, I strongly reccomend the patissier set. It's a unique armour set that you get by completing one of the set of 3 missions that you can start in the gathering hall (talk to your helper palico in your home to select the quest). I think it's the first one, with the cat. A complete set gives you 25 fire, 10 water, elec and ice, and -25 dragon. But also loads of decoration slots that you can experiment with. More info here.

With the IG, I never know whether I should focus on getting buffs before dishing out damage, it seems like once I get one buff, I can combo, so that should be enough and the others are just bonuses.

I always concentrate on getting buffs before dishing out damage. Getting all 3 is the best, because it increases all the buffs, as well as giving you faster combos that hit more for more damage.

And don't worry if you're feeling bad just trying to extract colours out of monsters. The kinsect still deals damage to the monster, and any damage is good. Also remember that with some monsters, a certain colour is really hard to get (red on the Gore, for example). But don't forget that the normal monsters also give you colours too! Shoot them to see what colour they give you.

Also, are you upgrading your kinsect? There's on specific kinsect upgrade path that gives you the 'perfect' kinsect, which gives the boost of increased buff duration, and even more when you get all 3 colours, for up to 3 mins i think? Really useful. Check out this guide and memorise it all:

The only downside to the path is that you have to concentrate on attack first, which is a butt, as kinsects only really get useful when you've gotten their speed to 100+.

I'm pretty sure I wrecked my kinsect upgrade path. I was just feeding it whatever shit I had, but trying to focus on speed.

Seems like I'm playing IG right, I generally go for red/white before I attack, then get yellow when I can. I always use the little monsters if they have a yellow bonus too.

Oh shit I forgot about decorations, I just made a bunch of HP up and left them on some old armor. 

Are the Seregios weapons worth the trouble? A little bit of sharpness doesn't seem that amazing.

I think that is again for later in the game. Bigger nastier monsters have a chance for your attack to bounce which breaks your combo and blunts the weapon quicker. If you have higher sharpness this happens less often. Also, sharper just does more damage.

Oh shit, you can't fight g-rank monsters without doing mulitplayer?!

I should get my hunter rank up there.

But, on the flip side, they can't fight you either!

We should make a dynamic due team to power through this Grid; dinner and washing up bedamned!

Oh shit, you can't fight g-rank monsters without doing mulitplayer?!

I should get my hunter rank up there.

At the very, very end of the solo progression, a few solo g-rank missions will show up without any outward indication of them being such, but other than that, solo tops out at high-rank and g-rank missions are exclusive to the multiplayer progression.

So what's the general consensus on the guild quests? Should I be able to solo them all, or once I catch up to my gear level, are they really mandatory multiplayer?

I say that because the next quest is a Pink Rathian. I fucking hate that guy.

It's entirely possible to solo all guild quests. In general, the main difference in monsters is that they have double the hp to accommodate multiplayer. So fights will be longer. But that's about it. If you've still got caravan quests to do, I'd advise prioritising them first.

Also rathians aren't that hard if you have full fire resistance and negate poison.

Yeah, I realised my gear is atrocious for what I want to do. I spent a few hours getting mats for a lance, then realised I hated it and now I'm trying to gear up for my preferred weapons.

Choosing gear now feels super restrictive. Time I took a break from MH though, it now officially has 100 hours and that is ridiculous for me. Normally drop games around the 50 hour mark.

Man, it took some farming for those fucking shells and feelers, but the Gore set is SO PRETTY OMG

97UHD0D.jpg

I need help again!

I have hit a road block where I can progress, but each fight takes like 30 mins. I desperately need a new weapon, but nothing feels powerful enough. I'm currently using needle ivy, which is pretty good, I like the move set and the stun, but it's damage output is so pathetic. I have no access to any of the upgrade materials though!