Zeusthecat

(Not Harvest Moon) Story of Seasons

After  coming from only having playing the "Rune Factory" spinoffs (which I loved), I decided to get this game. I'm only a few hours in, but I'm beginning to really love it. One thing I've noticed is how well-localized the game is. I've noticed that XSEED always does a great job with that. The dialogue feels really natural for the most part, which for me goes a long way toward immersion in these sorts of games. 

After  coming from only having playing the "Rune Factory" spinoffs (which I loved), I decided to get this game. I'm only a few hours in, but I'm beginning to really love it. One thing I've noticed is how well-localized the game is. I've noticed that XSEED always does a great job with that. The dialogue feels really natural for the most part, which for me goes a long way toward immersion in these sorts of games. 

https://twitter.com/jennegatron/status/625863150420819968

That should be Tayne, not Tane, but I stand by my previous statement.

(I got Klaus to marry me yesterday and I'm so pumped on this game still) 

If I was playing again I'd probably go for Raeger, as Klaus's obsession with our age difference is starting to grate on me. Also he weirdly negs me sometimes if I'm wearing the wrong outfit???

https://twitter.com/jennegatron/status/625863150420819968

That should be Tayne, not Tane, but I stand by my previous statement.

(I got Klaus to marry me yesterday and I'm so pumped on this game still) 

If I was playing again I'd probably go for Raeger, as Klaus's obsession with our age difference is starting to grate on me. Also he weirdly negs me sometimes if I'm wearing the wrong outfit???

I'm stuck between Iris and Angela, though I may just wait for Licorice to show up. It's so hard to decide!

Also, as a side note, the livestock festival happened in my game the other day and the only cow I had was pregnant and thus unable to be entered. So there was a significant span of time where I was just hanging out in a completely deserted town by myself while everyone else was in the market plaza, presumably having fun. 

It was hilarious. 

If I were playin' as a fella I would probably go with Iris or Agate, but I like that they roll out more and more characters as time goes on.

A new Story of Seasons game came out last week (Trio of Towns) and none of you fools told me. I bought it last night and I am working through the tutorial. I will report back with thoughts.

I kind of forgot that they were still making new Harvest Moon games in a post-Stardew Valley world.  I look forward to hearing if it's good.  Also I still always get confused, are the Story of Seasons games the "real" Harvest Moon games and the new "Harvest Moon" games are a new line, or do I have it reversed?

Harvest Moon is a name owned by a publisher. That publisher no longer has the publishing rights to the games that were historically developed by the Harvest Moon developer. That publisher has a different developer that they are using to sell games under the name Harvest Moon. The developer of the historically 'Harvest Moon' games are now published under the name Story of Seasons.

Update - thus far they seem to have kept with the Story of Seasons decision to get rid of elaborate mining which I could not be happier about. 

I like that starting the game you can pick what perk you want (start with more money, start with more stamina, etc.) it lets you customize your start a little based off of play style.
I'm excited to get further in. I am only on day like 6 in the spring. I really like that the job board is back and expanded so that you can have more to do, especially early on when you don't have enough farming to do quite yet.

I'm about halfway through Summer and am totally loving it. Goals are more clearly expressed in this game than in the last one, and there's always something to work toward. I'm really loving it!