your name here

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015

The warpless SMB3 run is neat, but at the end, once the game has been finished, there's a three to four minute bonus that's fucking insane.

Reading up on this glitch ("wrong warp") seriously gave me chills at the human capacity for devising and performing incredible feats. Arbitrary code execution in a TAS is one thing, but someone actually pulling it off in real time, in front of an audience and on the first attempt... wow.

The original description for the glitch, which was only discovered eight months ago, makes it sound near-impossible even with tools. After a bunch of really tricky setup:

All that remains is to throw the two shells such that they hit the right x values on the same (single) frame the plant's x value hits 32...and then execute the pipe glitch on that same frame.

Video archives are up on the Games Done Quick YouTube channel:

Those are raw, unedited chunks of video. They're slowly cutting separate videos for each run, but if you're willing to do a bit of searching and skipping, the whole event's on that playlist.

The individual videos for runs are being put up now on the GDQ channel

I just watched the

.  That was amazing.  It went back and forth several times, even going screen for screen at times.  Also the
was pretty good too.

Holy shit, Mega Man X is basically my favorite and most played SNES game and I've never watched speedruns before. Watching that one might have been the hook I needed to start watching all kinds of other speed runs because goddamn.