melmer

STREET FIGHTER 5 (PS4/PC exclusive)

I've had a lot better time today since they've sorted out the match making. And also I went back to basics and played as ryu, concentrated on my fundermentals. Something I never even think about whilst in a game using anti air normals, I'm free as fuck. Also the quick get up command literally never enters my head when I'm playing.

But I've been cleaning up today, gained 300LP and crested super bronze or whatever 1000LP is. still get lag occasionally but not as much. Not fun being on the receiving end of this shit https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/46pah7/mike_z_responds_to_the_sf5_netcode_alttab_issue/

I guess I'll be limiting my matchmaking to PS4 only for a while :P

This is a really basic series, but I learned a bunch of mechanics I didn't even know existed.

Yes! I watched them yesterday. Really good videos. Essential viewing.

Also Capcom is slowly releasing a series of tutorials for each character... Let me find one

They're on the actual Street Fighter YouTube channel. They've done Ryu, Chun li, Bison and Cammy so far.

You can watch them when waiting for matches :tup:

Edit: actually these are really good. Recommended viewing :tup:

This guy is doing beginner guides to each character that might be a bit better actually...

There's so much out there when you google search and much of it is irrelevant now as it was created during the beta and half the combos don't work anymore.

All I want is a 10 minutes video for each character that explains there playstyle, what buttons you should be pressing, what's safe, what's invincible, what has armour, what's your anti airs, what's your wake up options and what's your bread and butter combos. If you find a better video series please link it in here. This video is almooooost there

The character pages on SRK are pretty anaemic, just the commands right or of the game menu, but the comment sections after the list of moves seem to have a lot of the info you're looking at.

No frame data yet.

The run back option in ranked and casual matches is great. I'm not sure if it'll double the amount of LP you'd win/lose.

I just want to play matches that'll earn my characters xp without having to wait so long in between games.

Challenges will be a welcome distraction :tup:

ID is gdyoder.

I'm available most weeknights after 630pst and all day on weekends. I'm not very good but hoping to get better.

please tell me that Macho Gief costume is real and not just a reskin

That's real. Bunch of new costumes have been data mined from the latest patch. Not sure if they'll be available tomorrow when the shop goes live or if they'll drip feed them. Also not sure if these'll be purchasable with in game currency or really money.

Also, links for bookmarking

Ultimate Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XB1GW6Lk6yK176Nm8_l3cSxPowWxHfiRRh7qOess77E/htmlview

(All the antiques and combos on the far right, plus link to combo video. This is the stuff I look at, can't say I'm at the level where I'm tease arching frame data)(your'll need to open it in the google docs app on iPhone)

Leaderboards (see your win/lose ratios in ranked)

http://sfv.fightinggame.community/leaderboard

Mington, I appreciate you keeping it real in here. That Mike compilation is great.

Woop woop. I haven't touched SFV since dark souls came out (I also needed a bit of a breather as it was starting to steer me out (fucking Karen players)). Guiles kinda boring but I do enjoy playing as him, feel like I'm gonna clean up tomorrow using him.

Alex's is a great addition. I can't see them changing Balrog too much, similar to my feelings with guile, I like the character but wouldn't main them.

Ibuki will be the make or break moment, I can see all the Karin players moving over to her and making my life a missery, hopefully the new move set won't be really irritating. Looking forward to Juri and urien and really exited about future characters. I hope we see some guest characters, I'd take some tekken fighters over some of the SF main stays. Be good to see Sagat, and we have to have Akuma, then they can stop!

Guess I'll share my finest moment

I went full tilt after this and lost like 500LP that's why I'm taking a breather.

My execution sucks, that's what lets me down and I get really annoyed with myself. When I'm making amazing reads in my head but can't actually execute what I'm planning

Hello there I am a beginner. My Fight ID is GodHandIsGreat. If anyone on here wants a battle lounge let's do it!