Sign in to follow this  
RubixsQube

Jurassic World: Wasting away in Margaritaville

I read an article somewhere that posited that the theme park was a stand-in for the idea of the "summer blockbuster" where Hollywood's attempts to create bigger and bigger tentpole films set to destroy the entire industry. Not sure if that's what the original screenwriter intended but thinking about it made the movie a lot better!

It's a good observation, but it's that self-loathing that soured the movie for me.  It's a dinosaur blockbuster that hates blockbusters and dinosaurs.

It's a good observation, but it's that self-loathing that soured the movie for me. It's a dinosaur blockbuster that hates blockbusters and dinosaurs.

It's a dinosaur blockbuster that embraces the legacy of Jurassic Park without having anything good to say about the future. It basically presents its blockbuster status to you, then sets it on the ground and shits on it. It's the Jurassic Park canon's version of Skyfall, but more nihilistic.

I appreciated the idea of its commentary, but wow was it hackneyed in its execution.

IT CAN CAMOUFLAGEEEEEE ;)

Finally got around to watching this tonight. Laugh my arse off roll on floor laughing bad.

Was anyone else confused by Claire yelling at Larry "Be a man and do something for once in your miserable life" when five minutes prior he heroically decided to 'go down with the ship' and see the conflict through?