Sign in to follow this  
Erkki

Assassin's Creed Rogue

What the fuck?

http://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-rogue-the-kotaku-review-1661801416

A big Assassin's Creed game released at about the same time as Unity and nobody knows about it (was mentioned in Idle Thumbs 185)

Although, I remain rather skeptical as the writer seems to think that playing the Abstergo bits is interesting, the role reversal does sound somewhat interesting.

Rogue's getting a PC release sometime next year. The thing is, regardless of quality, I'm pretty content to not buy any Ubisoft games at all ever again.

It's not the first I've heard of Rogue apparently being pretty good, and that it's to Assassin's Creed 4 what Brotherhood was to the magnificent Assassin's Creed 2. Shame it doesn't seem to have a current-gen version despite pretty much being an expansion to a game that does.

I am legitimately excited about Rogue, and will be in on the purchase when it makes its way to PC.

It feels like a game that should be in GOTY discussions ala Black Flag, but no one will have played.

It's not the first I've heard of Rogue apparently being pretty good, and that it's to Assassin's Creed 4 what Brotherhood was to the magnificent Assassin's Creed 2. Shame it doesn't seem to have a current-gen version despite pretty much being an expansion to a game that does.

It will, though, since it's coming to PC. Although that particular detail is getting even less coverage than Rogue itself.

I just picked it up yesterday. So far I am enjoying it. The naval combat feels like Black Flag, but with a few changes. The biggest change is that enemy ships board you sometimes and you have to drive them off. There are also icebergs you can shoot to generate waves that hurt smaller ships. 

There are more changes with the land based game. There are now assassins hunting you, so sometimes you hear whispering and have to use eagle vision to hunt them out or they will try and kill you. They also added some different side missions like assassin interception. Its also just a bit odd being on the same side as the authorities. 

Right now I am doing my standard thing of trying to unlock and buy all the upgrades as soon as the game opens up. I just have a lot of fun with a fully upgraded ship trashing everyone else.