Sno

Lethal League

This game came out a while ago, but i see it's gotten no attention in here, which is unfortunate because it is really quite awesome.

So it's a 2d fighting game kind of in the Smash Bros milieu, but the objective here is to smash a ball at your opponents, a ball that goes faster and faster every time it's struck. Addtionally, every time a player hits the ball they earn meter for a super, there's a bunt move for more variable ball control, there's even a parry mechanic that factors into some higher-level hijinks, all among other things.

You know, but based on that description, you probably have no idea what the game is, so watch the trailer and probably still have no idea what the game is:

Anyways, i've had a blast with this game, and unlike a lot of other indie fighting games coming out on Steam, this one has GGPO for some pretty fantastic netcode. (The soundtrack is also pretty amazing.)

Gets really crazy with four players.

Yeah, Lethal League is super good! Such a simple idea executed brilliantly, it is exactly what it looks like (a pong fighter) but has also plenty of depth to its frantic gameplay. I'm excited to see whatever Team Reptile is going to make next, I liked their previous (and first) game

also, it had a fun singleplayer campaign and a very

It's probably one of my favorite games of this year, it's a hilarious concept elegantly executed and stylishly presented. It just feels like a game that probably should have received more attention than it got.

So this was just updated with a new character, a new arena, some more music, and taunts for all the characters. There might be more in there that i didn't notice, but those were the things that stood out to me.

It is still an awesome game that people should totally play.

Is it just me who is terrible at this game? :D

I think I've hit my skill ceiling because every time I have friends around or go to a LAN, I will bring out Lethal League; and before the evening is done the new players will have surpassed my skill level. 

I love this game, but it doesn't love me.

P.S

Have a jawbreaker.

Are you using the parry? The games i've played, that seems to be the biggest divider between people who get a handle on the game and people who don't.

If you're finding yourself in situations where people are getting all up in your face when the hit lag hits multi-second delays after the ball speeds up a bunch, you can hit the bunt button right near the end of the hit lag to make the ball pulse and cause a clash with somebody trying to dive in and smash the back back in your face. (There's a pair of meters on the boom box UI that track the duration of the hit lag for you, time the parry for the end.) You force people to hang back and play the guessing game for where you're going to send the ball flying, instead of engaging in easy point-blank trades.

You spend any meter you have to parry, but if you're consistent enough with it, you'll have your opponents trained to not risk it going for that easy smash, because a successful parry will almost always end with them getting hit by the ball.

There's a lot of other mechanics in there that you'd do well to get a handle on, but the parry is kind of what makes the game work.