melmer

EVO 2014 / 11-13 July

I haven't played a fighting game in years, but I always make sure to catch what I can of EVO whenever it rolls around. Looking forward to this.

I love Evo but I don't love that this year I'd need to sub to two channels to be able to watch the archives, I'll just need to keep an odd schedule over the weekend.

I'm mainly in this for Ultra SFIV but I hope I catch the Super Turbo side tournament as that shit is amazing, and it's so rare you get to see high level play with dudes from all over the world these days.

I'm saddened MvC2 isn't in Evo and haven't really watched it since. I watched Smash last year and a little this year but I don't play it so I haven't watched a whole bunch.

Evo 2014 done. Good show, I always enjoy what I manage to catch. I actually started to like watching MvsC3 these past two years, it's a hard game to watch because of the infinite combos and off-screen action but there's been some interesting stuff with Justin Wong making an amazing run in 2013 through the loser's bracket to the grand final with the most conventional looking team and unfortunately losing the second set.

He took the championship this year from winner's bracket.

Street Fighter however is my favorite game to watch. Just very technical but still dynamic. 

Luffy had a great run through the loser's bracket and dominated the finals by taking two sets and becoming the first USF4 champ from outside Asia.

I haven't watched Marvel yet but holy shit that SFIV top 8 was really something. I love best of five and some of those really lengthy patient games were amazing to watch.

Here's the list of opponents the winner had to beat to take it. My sweet lord. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bse45dHCEAAiu-U.jpg