Sign in to follow this  
clyde

Versu

Looks like Versu was wrested from its premature demise.

http://versu.com/2014/06/06/news-about-versu-and-blood-laurels/

I'm relieved. I don't have an ipad and my single playthrough of "House on the Cliff" was somewhat disappointing, but I'm still really interested. The concept of dynamic simulations of characters in text-adventures is exciting to me. While "House on the Cliff" had awkward implimentation, where I think my bot-companions may have entered a panicked state that could not be calmed and the narration didn't seem to have enough content to provide me with a good explanation of the looping extremes, it was still a neat experience to be in a story with chat-bots whose behavior felt self-prioritizing and changing rather than pandering and cloistered.

I was really disappointed when the project was canceled. I'm looking forward to getting to play more. I can imagine a future where I will somehow get an overpriced tablet.

I'm roughly in the same boat you are in that I am excited about this news but don't have an ipad, except I never played the earlier one.

I downloaded it on a relative's ipad during a holiday and tried to get in a play-through between family-time activities. It wasn't the most conducive situation for poking at the system enough to satisfyingly critique it. I'd love to see it on my android tablet or on pc, but I had given up all hope for it to even continue in development so I feel like wishing for more is pushing my luck.

Interesting, Versu.com is blocked by my work internet as being a piracy website.