Play this game! It's really fast, like 5 to 10 minutes. Anthony Burch, writer for Borderlands 2 and excellent Spelunky player, recommended it. I just played it and I can second his recommendation. Pretty neat stuff. Don't click "quick play" on that site though, it's busted. Just download and run the .exe. Here are pictures:

34400.jpg

34398.jpg

I played it, but the catch didn't make the game that interesting to me.

Also I didn't want to give them my e-mail, dunno what that would have done.

I played it, but the catch didn't make the game that interesting to me.

Also I didn't want to give them my e-mail, dunno what that would have done.

If you give them your email, it tells you what the person who got your answers did - did they kill you or let you go?

I played this yesterday. Didn't even know it existed until Chris recommended it. Quite a cool little game. Strange year so far. Not even two weeks into it yet and I've completed three games already, though two of those were really short. Usually I finish like 3-4 games per year.

I too had a quick go on this after seeing it mentioned on Chris' twitter feed. It's a neat little conceptual thing - a bit like one of those infinitely recursive Borges stories made real in video game terms. 

There isn't very much to it. I don't only mean that it's very short: it is a bit lacking in thematic content, or mechanical interest. But for a free game, it was wonderfully unsettling for a few minutes, so I'd say it's worth it for that alone. 

Also I liked the music a lot.

I loved it! Primarily for the way in which it made a text box answer come alive. Usually a prompt like that hearkens back to an era of computer games that was maybe five years earlier than when I started playing; I've never gotten a good feel for open-ended text adventures. Therefore when the empty text box appeared I froze for a moment before I just said 'fuck it, I'm going to write like a human being would and hope his AI scripting is good.' As soon as the email address prompt appeared I went ohhhhh.

The next person let me go through, whoo!

I let the farmer through without even asking any questions. Man he was scary looking.

One of my friends put together a multiplayer word game and said that he spent the first 2 months before the AI coding was finished playing games against every single person that requested an AI match. They thought they were playing a computer.... Makes me wonder how this multiplayer setup functions. Hopefully not too much work on the developer's part.