Sign in to follow this  
OssK

inSynch

Soooo... I participated in the making of a game. And it feels kind of awkward to be posting it here amidst the Last of uses and the Journeys and the Gone Homes but yeah, I figured, since I like a lot of people that dwell the idle realm, I'd post the trailer here and get a little feedback. Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4GdOU7W9aI

If some of you would like to try a beta, please do tell :)

(and if some of you would like to share the trailer also... just sayin' but I think I'm supposed to ask that of people now :/)

I have no idea what this is, but it's entrancing and beautiful. It looks like stop-motion with cardboard cutouts, which is a well done effect.

It is actually stop motion animation, here's a photo of myself (left) our chief animator (middle) and one of the programmers on the set, stop motionning away (well, we do look like we didn't do anything on there but it's not the case :P.

DSC063342.jpg

I made an article on the making of the art direction if you're so inclined :)

http://www.themgames.net/handcrafted-love/

Also THANK YOU :)

It IS stop-motion! That makes it even better. I love reading how much effort and thought went into the design. Even though I still haven't a clue what this game will be, but part of me doesn't even want to know, so it'll always be this mysterious thing.

Haha I hope not everybody will not want to play it :'(

The gameplay is actually pretty simple, you controll the jumping pads and depending on your actions, your mistakes and timing, the music evolves and changes (spoiler alert, it's an actual vidayo game)

Ooh, I'd like to play this too. I'll never not want to try a music rhythm game, and the trailer does a good job of making the split between CG and stop motion ambiguous.

Ok so here's the release trailer (cause we now have a release date) !
love.

anything coming before …{I've ever seen} even if negative is a least a good thing in a way right… ? :D

Now insight people, focus: how do I share it? How do I make everyone know about it ?

anything coming before …{I've ever seen} even if negative is a least a good thing in a way right… ? :D

Now insight people, focus: how do I share it? How do I make everyone know about it ?

What have you done already? My piece of advice would be to generously send out review codes to press and Youtubers.

Yeah, I don't even have a distribution platform and the game is not out yet so I'd like to first distribute the trailer around :x
Do you think press and youtubers will be interested in that ?

Two things.

1) As someone who enjoys music games, this looks neat.

2) Lacabra made InFlux. OssK made inSynch. Feel like Thumbs folks should keep this trend up.

I'll be handing the full game to all manner of people that dwell here really, 24th of April, just you wait :)

By the way guys, what are your favorite gaming sites that I should send Press releases to? :)
Internationally speaking of course ^^

I think I'm obsessed: I re-read the last press mail to be sent for release tonight with the final build like 20 times...

Man, I hate to bring up my own post. Really :x
Overall, PR is not my strong suit to be honest, I'm always afraid to bother everyone so if want to tell me to shut up because nobody's interested enough to comment on the game, please please do so I'll know!

Ok so now that I prefaced that really badly, we want to put our game on greenlight. I have no idea how much time it'll take but here: message in a bottle, here's hoping you'll all gift us a handful of seconds to make 2 years of work worth it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=258497672

Oscar.