BigJKO

Video Game Baby - Idle Parents

Thank you for creating this thread BigJKO!

Our family has our first baby incoming any day now and I especially seek guidance for the upcoming years what would be the best ways to introduce the kid to gaming some day.

I have a deep history starting with Commodore VIC20 when i was just four-five years old and I've always loved the old game consoles and games more than I love the new ones. So I have thought about introducing old games first if possible. I remember reading about a guy who introduced the whole history chronologically to his kids, but I don't have the money or the space in my apartment to do that. So I'll have to come up with some other strategy.

Thank you for creating this thread BigJKO!

Our family has our first baby incoming any day now and I especially seek guidance for the upcoming years what would be the best ways to introduce the kid to gaming some day.

I have a deep history starting with Commodore VIC20 when i was just four-five years old and I've always loved the old game consoles and games more than I love the new ones. So I have thought about introducing old games first if possible. I remember reading about a guy who introduced the whole history chronologically to his kids, but I don't have the money or the space in my apartment to do that. So I'll have to come up with some other strategy.

I think I've pretty much chronicled my daughter's introduction to games in this thread and I basically just started with Super Mario Brothers and slowly worked through those. They are her favorite games now and she's gotten pretty good at them. Since then we've branched into a bunch of other stuff but I think those laid a pretty good foundation for her.