Sign in to follow this  
stewmull

SW The Force Unleashed Two

So I am about 3-4 hours in and i have to say that it is a good looking game, max settings on my pc and runs around 50fps. I am playing with a xbox pad and it maps perfectly. The game is a weird one for me. I love original Star Wars and have no time for the prequels, and the game is a mix of both.

I love how good the environments look, but I am on fucking Kamino, Bad! but I am cutting up storm troopers and crushing tie fighters, Good! but the troops have jet packs and there are other Sith going about, Bad! It is like the game is pulling the right strings in my brain to keep going and then cutting them off with horrible prequel add-on's. Also I thought there would be more moral choice, become a jedi/sith. But it is way more linear (story wise) than I thought it would be.

I am really mixed feelings on it, I think I will finish it though.

Any impressions? Anyone played/completed it?

I played through the first Force Unleashed and felt that it it was a largely successful entry into the long-history of Star Wars Video games. As for FU2, i can't say much about it, i only played its demo. (Which i thought was pretty dreadful, honestly.)

I have a sudden desire to play Dark Forces.

Edit: I do get what you're going at though, the FU games are definitely weird. They felt like games that were trying desperately to evoke the original trilogy even though Star Wars, as a broader media entity, was still very much locked up in the prequel trilogy continuity.

My favorite Star Wars game to come out of the prequels is still Republic Commando. Holy shit, what a shame that they never got that sequel made.

I would have also been really interested in seeing what 1313 could have become

FU2 was a major major disappointment.

I actually had lunch with a developer who worked on it a few years ago. He said I was the only person he had ever met who had actually bothered to complete it, so if you do stick with it you'll be one of the special few :)

Ive just watched a few videos to remind myself what I disliked about it. It was just so boring. Massive repetitive button mashing levels.

Oh and General Kota is the worst video game character ever created

Have you played the first game? It's a million times better

No I haven't actually played the first one, got the 2nd in a steam sale cheap and waited until I had a new computer and a 360 pad.

Might as well check the first one out too. I have to say the engine is nice, shame only two games got made with it.

Im getting back into starwars again in a big way, looking at EU books... what have I become?!

My favorite Star Wars game to come out of the prequels is still Republic Commando. Holy shit, what a shame that they never got that sequel made.

Oh man, I totally loved the Rupublic Commando game.  I expected it to be a generic shooter set in the Star Wars universe and was happily surprised to find a good game.  As much fun as swinging a lightsaber is, I actually find the clones more interesting.

For some reason I really didn't like the Commando game, I felt the shooting and controls were numb. The squad commands were pretty much useless as well. You would pump people full of rounds and nothing would happen, Gears of War all over again (even though it was made before GoW).

Must be the only one on the internet who thinks this.

I'm a sucker for anything star wars and so have playeda wide variety of them.  Enjoyed the first FU but never picked up the second after hearing how short it was.  It's gonna be on sale for $5 on the PSN next week so I'll likely pick it up then.

Republic Commando was a great game.  Made each enemy confrontation significant with something like a Super Battle Droid requiring a good amount of skill and tactics to defeat.

Literally the only good thing about FU2 is the kill Han Solo DLC and you can just watch the on YouTube