Sign in to follow this  
Scrobbs

COH2

Any of youse planning on getting this? The beta is shaping up nicely.

I know TychoCelchuu is playing, 'cos I see his name all over the Sega forums, Gamereplays and COH2.org :)

Come on, writing a proper thread name takes five seconds.

I really liked the first game, though I stopped playing after a couple of levels for some reason. I remember having cars with rotating chain things on them, and too many enemies coming from all sides. Is COH2 a multiplayer-focused game, or will there be a sweet single-player campaign as well?

Apart from a couple of chaotic defense missions and the missions where you were fighting ridiculously powerful tanks, I really liked the campaign(s) of the first game. I only played a couple of missions of Tales of Valor, though. And never touched the multiplayer.

The main reason why I found the game so enjoyable was the heavy focus on unit placement, specialized units, and artillery. Being able to completely obliterate the enemy with clever tactics feels so much better than simply storming the enemy base with an overwhelming force. 

I have been playing the closed beta (mostly as the soviets) and like the multiplayer - been playing mostly 1v1 and 2v2 maps (of which there are 4). Its weird being able to do 2v2 with axis and soviets on the same team cause in COH1 it was one or the other but I don't mind it. Not a big fan of mirror matches though (like in DoW2).

If you didn't like enemies attacking from all sides then you mightn't like playing against the soviets in multi since that is the best tactic to use as them with their basic infantry unit being pretty weak at the start with no upgrades or vet.

I like how both sides gain vet by killing and be killed but I do think that the vet from be killed/taking damage should accrue at a lower rate cause you have situation where the losing player has more and higher vetted troops then the winning player cause they took so many losses.

If you are looking to see how the multiplayer is check out these cause how have been casting games for the last few weeks

As someone who casted 100+ CoH games, played hundreds of games, and watched hundreds of casts, I was really hoping CoH 2 would be a worthy sequel, but at this point it looks like Relic fucked up pretty much everything (which is par for the course after they did a terrible job on Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor but still disappointing). I'm not sure I'm going to bother purchasing the game, at least not at full price.

I will get it for the campaign, first one was awesome. The multiplayer in 2 is sweet, I'm in the beta and it's similar to COH1 which was pretty good, however I'll probably skip the multi this time round, I like to know what I'm doing and I really don't have time to get to grips with another competitive RTS, I've picked my poison (SC2).