melmer

PL4YST4TION 4

I was mostly disappointed that they didn't announce an elite controller equivalent. I would kill to play Bloodborne with some back pedals. Plus my DS4s keep breaking in minor but annoying ways and it would be nice to have one that's more durable. Hopefully the new model they're putting out is better built. :/

Even better battery life and more durable analogue stick material would go a long way. 

So, errr, Sony have just said that they won't charge for patches that update older games to HDR and 4K but that other companies can if they want to.

Lurking in the background of all this is Playstation Vue, which is Sony's plan to usurp cable providers by streaming live TV channels through your PS4 (or PS3/Vita/smartphone/tablet). There's another potential route to 4K content there that Microsoft isn't taking.

The service seems to have launched to a somewhat mixed, muted response so far. It's a fairly ambitious concept, but I would imagine it could take years for them to negotiate worldwide media deals that can approach the kind of comprehensive local service offered by cable companies. Certainly the likes of Virgin and Sky in the UK would have every reason to try to stonewall them out of their market.

But I kind of hope it's good? I for one wouldn't mind dumping my separate cable box and having everything just coming down one fat interweb pipe. (Until PSN goes down, anyway.)

I got it for my PS3 to watch the Olympics. My PS3 has weird problems staying connected to PSN. My XB1 doesn't have this problem and, while we do have more hiccups than I'd like in Comcast service, everything else continues to work fine while PSN chokes. As for Vue itself, the interface is abysmally slow, but the actual video quality is excellent. It also has DVR capabilities as long as you select the shows you want before they run. I'm considering keeping it for Football season.